V C Leeson
Affiliation: University College London
- The effect of cannabis use and cognitive reserve on age at onset and psychosis outcomes in first-episode schizophreniaVerity C Leeson
UCL Institute of Neurology, The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Queen Square, London, UK
Schizophr Bull 38:873-80. 2012..We aimed to clarify the role of age at onset and cognition on outcomes in cannabis users with first-episode schizophrenia as well as the effect of cannabis dose and cessation of use...
- Dissociation of long-term verbal memory and fronto-executive impairment in first-episode psychosisV C Leeson
Institute of Neurology, University College London, UK
Psychol Med 39:1799-808. 2009..This distinction is important because accelerated forgetting implies impaired consolidation attributable to medial temporal lobe (MTL) dysfunction whereas impaired encoding and retrieval implicates involvement of prefrontal cortex...
- Discrimination learning, reversal, and set-shifting in first-episode schizophrenia: stability over six years and specific associations with medication type and disorganization syndromeVerity C Leeson
UCL Institute of Neurology, London, United Kingdom Imperial College Faculty of Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Biol Psychiatry 66:586-93. 2009..Limited evidence suggests that attentional set-shifting deteriorates over time in schizophrenia. We tested this hypothesis and examined the specificity of learning impairments identified by this task...
- IQ trajectory, cognitive reserve, and clinical outcome following a first episode of psychosis: a 3-year longitudinal studyVerity C Leeson
UCL Institute of Neurology, The National Hospital for Neurologyand Neurosurgery, University College London, Queen Square, London, UK
Schizophr Bull 37:768-77. 2011..These data suggest that following psychosis onset, IQ is stable and that it is IQ at psychosis onset rather than premorbid IQ predicts a more severe illness...
- A longitudinal study of cortical changes and their cognitive correlates in patients followed up after first-episode psychosisL Gutiérrez-Galve
University College London, Queen Square, London, UK
Psychol Med 45:205-16. 2015..We investigated cortical changes in patients over the 2 years following their FEP and their associations with clinical and cognitive measures...