Affiliation: University of Glasgow
- Interactive approach to optical tweezers controlJonathan Leach
Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, UK
Appl Opt 45:897-903. 2006..The program can be used to generate multiple beams and can be used for beam steering. We see a major application of the program to be in optical tweezers to control the position, number, and type of optical traps...
- An optically driven pump for microfluidicsJonathan Leach
Physics and Astronomy, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
Lab Chip 6:735-9. 2006..The techniques described in the paper have potential to be extended to drive an integrated lab-on-chip device, where pumping, flow measurement and optical sensing could all be achieved by structuring a single laser beam...
- Violation of a Bell inequality in two-dimensional orbital angular momentum state-spacesJ Leach
Department of Physics and Astronomy, SUPA, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
Opt Express 17:8287-93. 2009..We demonstrate this violation in a number of two-dimensional subspaces of the higher dimensional OAM Hilbert space...
- Multipoint viscosity measurements in microfluidic channels using optical tweezersStephen Keen
SUPA, Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
Lab Chip 9:2059-62. 2009....
- Independent polarisation control of multiple optical trapsDaryl Preece
Department of Physics and Astronomy, Kelvin Building, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, United Kingdom
Opt Express 16:15897-902. 2008..We demonstrate the functionality of the system by controlling the rotation and orientation of birefringent vaterite crystals within holographic optical tweezers...
- Creating permanent 3D arrangements of isolated cells using holographic optical tweezersPamela Jordan
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK G12 8QQ
Lab Chip 5:1224-8. 2005....
- Single-photon position to time multiplexing using a fiber arrayRyan E Warburton
SUPA, School of Engineering and Physical Sciences, Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh EH14 4AS, UK
Opt Express 19:2670-5. 2011..The receiver system could be implemented in numerous applications, including time-resolved photoluminescence, low-light level spectroscopy and quantum information processing...
- Quantum correlations in optical angle-orbital angular momentum variablesJonathan Leach
Department of Physics and Astronomy, Scottish Universities Physics Alliance SUPA, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, G12 8QQ, UK
Science 329:662-5. 2010..Our results suggest that angular position and orbital angular momentum may find important applications in quantum information science...
- Measuring the accuracy of particle position and force in optical tweezers using high-speed video microscopyGraham M Gibson
Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
Opt Express 16:14561-70. 2008..As an example of a multi-particle measurement we show the hydrodynamic coupling between two particles...
- Transfer of orbital angular momentum from a super-continuum, white-light beamAmanda J Wright
Institute of Photonics, SUPA, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow G40NW, UK
Opt Express 16:9495-500. 2008..We illustrate the achromatic, helical phase structure of a white-light beam by observing the transfer of its orbital angular momentum to particles held in optical tweezers...