Affiliation: University of Oxford
- A national survey of musculoskeletal impairment in Rwanda: prevalence, causes and service implicationsOluwarantimi Atijosan
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 3:e2851. 2008..We present a new survey methodology that is based on sound epidemiological principles and is linked to the World Health Organisation's International Classification of Functioning...
- Musculoskeletal impairment survey in Rwanda: design of survey tool, survey methodology, and results of the pilot study (a cross sectional survey)Oluwarantimi Atijosan
Trauma Unit, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 8:30. 2007..This study aimed to develop a new tool to screen for and diagnose MSI and to pilot test the methodology for a national survey in Rwanda...
- Surgery in Malawi - a national survey of activity in rural and urban hospitalsChris Lavy
Beit Cure Orthopaedic Hospital, Blantyre, Malawi
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 89:722-4. 2007..It also has 4 central hospitals, each with one or more surgeons. Most district hospitals are manned by a single doctor and two or more paramedical clinical officers...
- The orthopaedic needs of children in Rwanda: results from a national survey and orthopaedic service implicationsOluwarantimi Atijosan
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
J Pediatr Orthop 29:948-51. 2009..Rwanda is a small country that is in the process of developing orthopaedic and rehabilitation services, and its Ministry of Health supported a survey that would provide information necessary for planning such services...
- A national survey of surgical activity in hospitals in MalawiColin Steinlechner
Beit Trust CURE International Hospital, Blantyre, Malawi, Africa
Trop Doct 36:158-60. 2006..It appears that district clinicians are happy to attempt emergency obstetric and gynaecological cases but tend to refer emergency general surgical cases...
- A decade later, how much of Rwanda's musculoskeletal impairment is caused by the war in 1994 and by related violence?Hannah Kuper
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 4:e7720. 2009..The aim of this study was to estimate the current burden of musculoskeletal impairment (MSI) attributable to the 1994 war and related violence...
- State of surgery in tropical Africa: a reviewChris Lavy
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Oxford University, Windmill Road, Oxford, OX3 7LD, UK
World J Surg 35:262-71. 2011..It closes with recommendations for involvement and action in this area of great global need...
- Indignity, exclusion, pain and hunger: the impact of musculoskeletal impairments in the lives of children in MalawiYasmene Alavi
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Faculty of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London, UK
Disabil Rehabil 34:1736-46. 2012..To develop a conceptual model representing the impact of musculoskeletal impairments (MSIs) in the lives of children in Malawi...
- The resistible rise of surgical sepsis in MalawiChris Lavy
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital, Blantyre, Malawi
Trop Doct 32:98-9. 2002