Derek T A Lamport
Affiliation: University of Sussex
- Life behind cell walls: paradigm lost, paradigm regainedD T Lamport
MSU DOE Plant Research Laboratory, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48823 1312, USA
Cell Mol Life Sci 58:1363-85. 2001..Such a direct role for extensins in both negative and positive regulation of cell expansion and elongation may constitute a major morphogenetic mechanism operating at all levels of plant growth and development...
- Self-assembly of the plant cell wall requires an extensin scaffoldMaura C Cannon
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:2226-31. 2008..These react with negatively charged pectin to create an extensin pectate coacervate that may template further orderly deposition of the new cross wall at cytokinesis...
- Periplasmic arabinogalactan glycoproteins act as a calcium capacitor that regulates plant growth and developmentDerek T A Lamport
School of Life Sciences, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9QG, UK
New Phytol 197:58-64. 2013..We propose that these Ca(2+) waves prime the 'calcium oscillator', a signal generator essential to the global Ca(2+) signalling pathway of green plants...
- Salt stress upregulates periplasmic arabinogalactan proteins: using salt stress to analyse AGP functionDerek T A Lamport
School of Life Sciences, John Maynard Smith Building, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton BN1 9QG, UK
New Phytol 169:479-92. 2006..We hypothesize that classical AGPs act as pectin plasticizers. This explains how beta-D-glycosyl Yariv reagents might inhibit expansion growth by crosslinking monomeric AGPs, and thus mimic an AGP loss-of-function mutation...
- Structural proteins of the primary cell wall: extraction, purification, and analysisDerek T A Lamport
School of Life Sciences, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, UK
Methods Mol Biol 715:209-19. 2011..We also outline an additional approach involving genetic engineering that can potentially yield the complete genomic range of extensins and other hydroxyproline-rich glycoprotein (HRGPs) currently underutilized for biotechnology...
- The O-Hyp glycosylation code in tobacco and Arabidopsis and a proposed role of Hyp-glycans in secretionJianfeng Xu
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Ohio University, Athens, OH 45701, United States
Phytochemistry 69:1631-40. 2008..Yields of the EGFP fusion glycoproteins were dramatically higher than targeted EGFP lacking Hyp-glycomodules. This validates earlier suggestions that the glycosylation of proteins facilitates their secretion...
- Structure of a hydroxyproline (Hyp)-arabinogalactan polysaccharide from repetitive Ala-Hyp expressed in transgenic Nicotiana tabacumLi Tan
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Ohio University, Athens, OH 45701, USA
J Biol Chem 279:13156-65. 2004....