Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Edinburgh
- Early trophoblast determination and stem cell maintenance in the mouse--a reviewT Kunath
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Canada M5G 1X5
Placenta 25:S32-8. 2004..The first half of this review will focus on determination of the mouse trophoblast lineage and the second half will discuss the maintenance of trophoblast stem cells...
- FGF stimulation of the Erk1/2 signalling cascade triggers transition of pluripotent embryonic stem cells from self-renewal to lineage commitmentTilo Kunath
Centre Development in Stem Cell Biology, Institute for Stem Cell Research, School of Biological Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Development 134:2895-902. 2007....
- Primed for pluripotencyTilo Kunath
MRC Centre for Regenerative Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, EH9 3JQ, UK
Cell Stem Cell 8:241-2. 2011..In this issue of Cell Stem Cell, Najm et al. (2011) demonstrate that EpiSCs can be routinely derived from preimplantation embryos, showing that both human and mouse blastocysts can produce the same class of primed pluripotent cells...
- BMP signaling induces visceral endoderm differentiation of XEN cells and parietal endodermAgnieszka Paca
MRC Centre for Regenerative Medicine, Institute for Stem Cell Research, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, EH9 3JQ, United Kingdom
Dev Biol 361:90-102. 2012..Generation of visceral endoderm from XEN cells uncovers the true potential of these blastocyst-derived cells and is a significant step towards modelling early developmental events ex vivo...
- Mouse trophoblast stem cellsJennifer Quinn
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Methods Mol Med 121:125-48. 2006..This chapter will discuss the initial derivation of trophoblast stem cells from the blastocyst stage, maintenance, differentiation, flow cytometry and transfection techniques that can be used with these cells...
- Parkinson's disease induced pluripotent stem cells with triplication of the α-synuclein locusMichael J Devine
MRC Centre for Regenerative Medicine, Institute for Stem Cell Research, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH9 3JQ, UK
Nat Commun 2:440. 2011..This model represents a new experimental system to identify compounds that reduce levels of α-synuclein, and to investigate the mechanistic basis of neurodegeneration caused by α-synuclein dysfunction...
- Gene expression profiling of embryo-derived stem cells reveals candidate genes associated with pluripotency and lineage specificityTetsuya S Tanaka
Laboratory of Genetics, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland, 21224 6820, USA
Genome Res 12:1921-8. 2002..We suggest that pluripotency requires a set of genes not expressed in other cell types, whereas lineage-restricted stem cells, like TS cells, express genes predictive of their differentiated lineage...
- Phenotypic analyses of mouse embryos with ubiquitous expression of Oct4: effects on mid-hindbrain patterning and gene expressionVeronica Ramos-Mejia
Departamento de Fisiologia Molecular y Genetica del Desarrollo, Instituto de Biotecnologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico
Dev Dyn 232:180-90. 2005..Our observations support the hypothesis that Oct4, like zebrafish Pou2, has a conserved function during early brain patterning in mouse...