Jason S King
Affiliation: University of Glasgow
- Phospholipase C regulation of phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate-mediated chemotaxisArjan Kortholt
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, University of Groningen, 9751 NN Haren, The Netherlands
Mol Biol Cell 18:4772-9. 2007..These results indicate that local activation of PLC can control PTEN localization and suggest a novel mechanism to regulate the internal PI(3,4,5)P(3) gradient...
- Dephosphorylation of 2,3-bisphosphoglycerate by MIPP expands the regulatory capacity of the Rapoport-Luebering glycolytic shuntJaiesoon Cho
Laboratory of Signal Transduction, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Social Services, P O Box 12233, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:5998-6003. 2008..4. This phenomenon provides a homeostatic mechanism for elevating 2,3-BPG levels, thereby enhancing oxygen release to tissues. Our data indicate greater biological significance of the Rapoport-Luebering shunt than previously considered...
- Autophagy across the eukaryotes: is S. cerevisiae the odd one out?Jason S King
Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Garscube Estate, Bearsden, Glasgow, UK
Autophagy 8:1159-62. 2012....
- Mechanical stress meets autophagy: potential implications for physiology and pathologyJason S King
Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Garscube Estate, Switchback Road, Glasgow, G61 1BD, UK
Trends Mol Med 18:583-8. 2012..The induction of autophagy has wide-ranging effects on cells. In this article, I propose that the autophagic response to mechanical stress is an important factor in a wide range of both physiological and pathological settings...
- The induction of autophagy by mechanical stressJason S King
Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Autophagy 7:1490-9. 2011..The autophagic response is therefore part of an integrated response to mechanical challenge, allowing cells to cope with a continuously changing physical environment...
- Chemotaxis: TorC before you AktJason S King
CR UK Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Switchback Road, Bearsden, Glasgow G61 1BD, UK
Curr Biol 18:R864-6. 2008..Recent work shows that Dictyostelium PKB/Akt can be spatially regulated independently of phosphatidylinositol (3,4,5)-trisphosphate via phosphorylation by TOR complex 2, placing this complex at the hub of chemotaxis...
- Chemotaxis: finding the way forward with DictyosteliumJason S King
CRUK Beatson Institute, Bearsden, Glasgow, UK
Trends Cell Biol 19:523-30. 2009..Overall we describe how Dictyostelium has the potential to unlock many fundamental questions in the cell motility field...
- SCAR/WAVE is activated at mitosis and drives myosin-independent cytokinesisJason S King
Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Garscube Estate, Switchback Road, Bearsden, Glasgow, G61 1BD, UK
J Cell Sci 123:2246-55. 2010..EB1-null cells also exhibit decreased adhesion during mitosis. Our data reveal a spindle-directed signalling pathway that regulates SCAR activity, migration and adhesion at mitosis...
- WASH is required for lysosomal recycling and efficient autophagic and phagocytic digestionJason S King
Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Bearsden, Glasgow G61 1BD, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Cell 24:2714-26. 2013..WASH is therefore required for the maturation of lysosomes to a stage at which hydrolases can be retrieved and reused. ..
- Cyclical action of the WASH complex: FAM21 and capping protein drive WASH recycling, not initial recruitmentLaura Park
CR UK Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Glasgow University, Switchback Road, Glasgow G61 1BD, UK
Dev Cell 24:169-81. 2013..Recycling is driven by FAM21's interaction with capping protein, which couples the WASH complex to dynamic actin on vesicles...
- SCAR knockouts in Dictyostelium: WASP assumes SCAR's position and upstream regulators in pseudopodsDouwe M Veltman
Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Glasgow G61 1BD, Scotland, UK
J Cell Biol 198:501-8. 2012..We conclude that WASP and SCAR can regulate pseudopod actin using similar mechanisms...
- The use of streptavidin conjugates as immunoblot loading controls and mitochondrial markers for use with Dictyostelium discoideumAndrew J Davidson
Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Glasgow, UK
Biotechniques 55:39-41. 2013....