Jason S King
Affiliation: University of Glasgow
- Phospholipase C regulation of phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate-mediated chemotaxisArjan Kortholt
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, University of Groningen, 9751 NN Haren, The Netherlands
Mol Biol Cell 18:4772-9. 2007..These results indicate that local activation of PLC can control PTEN localization and suggest a novel mechanism to regulate the internal PI(3,4,5)P(3) gradient...
- Dephosphorylation of 2,3-bisphosphoglycerate by MIPP expands the regulatory capacity of the Rapoport-Luebering glycolytic shuntJaiesoon Cho
Laboratory of Signal Transduction, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Social Services, P O Box 12233, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:5998-6003. 2008..4. This phenomenon provides a homeostatic mechanism for elevating 2,3-BPG levels, thereby enhancing oxygen release to tissues. Our data indicate greater biological significance of the Rapoport-Luebering shunt than previously considered...
- Autophagy across the eukaryotes: is S. cerevisiae the odd one out?Jason S King
Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Garscube Estate, Bearsden, Glasgow, UK
Autophagy 8:1159-62. 2012....
- Mechanical stress meets autophagy: potential implications for physiology and pathologyJason S King
Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Garscube Estate, Switchback Road, Glasgow, G61 1BD, UK
Trends Mol Med 18:583-8. 2012..The induction of autophagy has wide-ranging effects on cells. In this article, I propose that the autophagic response to mechanical stress is an important factor in a wide range of both physiological and pathological settings...
- The induction of autophagy by mechanical stressJason S King
Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Autophagy 7:1490-9. 2011..The autophagic response is therefore part of an integrated response to mechanical challenge, allowing cells to cope with a continuously changing physical environment...
- Chemotaxis: TorC before you AktJason S King
CR UK Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Switchback Road, Bearsden, Glasgow G61 1BD, UK
Curr Biol 18:R864-6. 2008..Recent work shows that Dictyostelium PKB/Akt can be spatially regulated independently of phosphatidylinositol (3,4,5)-trisphosphate via phosphorylation by TOR complex 2, placing this complex at the hub of chemotaxis...
- Chemotaxis: finding the way forward with DictyosteliumJason S King
CRUK Beatson Institute, Bearsden, Glasgow, UK
Trends Cell Biol 19:523-30. 2009..Overall we describe how Dictyostelium has the potential to unlock many fundamental questions in the cell motility field...
- SCAR/WAVE is activated at mitosis and drives myosin-independent cytokinesisJason S King
Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Garscube Estate, Switchback Road, Bearsden, Glasgow, G61 1BD, UK
J Cell Sci 123:2246-55. 2010..EB1-null cells also exhibit decreased adhesion during mitosis. Our data reveal a spindle-directed signalling pathway that regulates SCAR activity, migration and adhesion at mitosis...
- Cyclical action of the WASH complex: FAM21 and capping protein drive WASH recycling, not initial recruitmentLaura Park
CR UK Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Glasgow University, Switchback Road, Glasgow G61 1BD, UK
Dev Cell 24:169-81. 2013..Recycling is driven by FAM21's interaction with capping protein, which couples the WASH complex to dynamic actin on vesicles...
- SCAR knockouts in Dictyostelium: WASP assumes SCAR's position and upstream regulators in pseudopodsDouwe M Veltman
Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Glasgow G61 1BD, Scotland, UK
J Cell Biol 198:501-8. 2012..We conclude that WASP and SCAR can regulate pseudopod actin using similar mechanisms...
- WASH is required for lysosomal recycling and efficient autophagic and phagocytic digestionJason S King
Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Bearsden, Glasgow G61 1BD, United Kingdom Department of Biochemistry, University of Geneva, CH 1211 Geneva, Switzerland Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine, 20359 Hamburg, Germany
Mol Biol Cell 24:2714-26. 2013..WASH is therefore required for the maturation of lysosomes to a stage at which hydrolases can be retrieved and reused. ..
- The use of streptavidin conjugates as immunoblot loading controls and mitochondrial markers for use with Dictyostelium discoideumAndrew J Davidson
Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Glasgow, UK
Biotechniques 55:39-41. 2013....