A E King
Affiliation: University of Edinburgh
- Innate immune defences in the human uterus during pregnancyA E King
Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Placenta 28:1099-106. 2007..In particular, upregulation of these molecules by inflammatory molecules present in chorioamnionitis will ensure a robust response to infection...
- Expression of natural antimicrobials by human placenta and fetal membranesA E King
Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Medical Sciences Building, 1 King s College Circle, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 1A8
Placenta 28:161-9. 2007....
- Endometrial inhibin/activin beta-B subunit expression is related to decidualization and is reduced in tubal ectopic pregnancyA W Horne
Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Edinburgh, Simpson Centre for Reproductive Health, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, 51 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:2375-82. 2008..Ectopic pregnancy is common but remains difficult to diagnose accurately. There is no serum test to differentiate ectopic from intrauterine gestation...
- Altered secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor expression in the uterine decidua of tubal compared with intrauterine pregnancyD M Dalgetty
MRC Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, UK
Hum Reprod 23:1485-90. 2008..This study compared expression of two key mediators of innate immunity, secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI) and elafin, in the uterine decidua of women with intrauterine and tubal pregnancies...
- Fibroblast heterogeneity: existence of functionally distinct Thy 1(+) and Thy 1(-) human female reproductive tract fibroblastsL Koumas
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Cancer Center, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Am J Pathol 159:925-35. 2001..The discovery of functional subsets of reproductive tract fibroblasts now permits assessment of their roles in the normal functions of the reproductive tract and in disease states such as adhesions and menorrhagia...
- Localization of glutamate receptors in developing cortical neurons in culture and relationship to susceptibility to excitotoxicityA E King
NeuroRepair Group, University of Tasmania, Hobart, Tasmania 7001, Australia
J Comp Neurol 498:277-94. 2006..These data also suggest that excitotoxicity can be mediated through extrasynaptic receptor subunit complexes along dendrites...