Affiliation: University of Oxford
- Patient-reported outcomes one year after primary hip replacement in a European Collaborative CohortAndy Judge
University of Oxford, Headington, Windmill Road, Headington, Oxford, UK
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 62:480-8. 2010..To identify whether patients have symptomatic improvement 12 months following total hip replacement (THR) surgery...
- Predictors of outcomes of total knee replacement surgeryAndy Judge
Oxford NIHR Musculoskeletal Biomedical Research Unit, University of Oxford, Headington, Oxford, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 51:1804-13. 2012..To identify pre-operative predictors of patient-reported outcomes of primary total knee replacement (TKR) surgery...
- Clinical tool to identify patients who are most likely to achieve long-term improvement in physical function after total hip arthroplastyAndy Judge
University of Southampton and Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, and University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 64:881-9. 2012..To develop a clinical risk prediction tool to identify patients most likely to experience long-term clinically meaningful functional improvement following total hip arthroplasty (THA)...
- Interpretation of patient-reported outcomes for hip and knee replacement surgery: identification of thresholds associated with satisfaction with surgeryA Judge
University of Oxford, Oxford NIHR Musculoskeletal Biomedical Research Unit, Windmill Road, Headington, Oxford OX3 7LD, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 94:412-8. 2012..The thresholds help to differentiate between patients with different levels of satisfaction, but external validation will be required prior to general implementation in clinical practice...
- Inequalities in rates of renal replacement therapy in England: does it matter who you are or where you live?Andy Judge
NIHR Musculoskeletal Biomedical Research Unit, Botnar Research Centre, Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology and Musculoskeletal Sciences, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 27:1598-607. 2012..Introduction. This study explores the geographical variation in renal replacement therapy (RRT) incidence and prevalence after adjusting for general population socio-demographics, renal unit treatment patterns and travel times...
- Pre-operative expectation predicts 12-month post-operative outcome among patients undergoing primary total hip replacement in European orthopaedic centresA Judge
Oxford NIHR Musculoskeletal Biomedical Research Unit, Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology and Musculoskeletal Sciences, University of Oxford, Windmill Road, Headington, Oxford OX3 7LD, UK
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 19:659-67. 2011..Identify patient characteristics associated with pre-operative expectations of total hip replacement (THR); (2). Explore whether pre-operative expectations predict surgical outcomes 12-months post-THR...
- Equity in access to total joint replacement of the hip and knee in England: cross sectional studyAndy Judge
Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 2PS
BMJ 341:c4092. 2010..To explore geographical and sociodemographic factors associated with variation in equity in access to total hip and knee replacement surgery...
- Modeling the need for hip and knee replacement surgery. Part 1. A two-stage cross-cohort approachAndy Judge
University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Arthritis Rheum 61:1657-66. 2009..To explore inequalities in the need for hip/knee replacement surgery using a 2-stage cross-cohort approach...
- Modeling the need for hip and knee replacement surgery. Part 2. Incorporating census data to provide small-area predictions for need with uncertainty boundsAndy Judge
University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Arthritis Rheum 61:1667-73. 2009..To develop methods to produce small-area estimates of need for hip and knee replacement surgery to inform local health service planning...
- Geographical variation in the provision of elective primary hip and knee replacement: the role of socio-demographic, hospital and distance variablesAndy Judge
Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol, Canynge Hall, Bristol BS8 2PS, UK
J Public Health (Oxf) 31:413-22. 2009..To explore inequalities in the provision of hip/knee replacement surgery and produce small-area estimates of provision to inform local health planning...
- The effects of surgical volumes and training centre status on outcomes following total joint replacement: analysis of the Hospital Episode Statistics for EnglandAndy Judge
MRC Health Services Research Collaboration, University of Bristol, Canynge Hall, Whiteladies Road, Bristol BS8 2PR, UK
J Public Health (Oxf) 28:116-24. 2006..Standardization of procedures may account for this finding. The data have implications for private practice in the United Kingdom and for the current move to undertake TJRs in Independent Sector Treatment Centres...