Affiliation: University of Nottingham
- In search of the fibrotic epithelial cell: opportunities for a collaborative networkGisli Jenkins
Respiratory Biomedical Research Unit, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK
Thorax 67:179-82. 2012..The central themes discussed in the workshop have been compiled as the proceedings of the ECIPF...
- The role of proteases in transforming growth factor-beta activationGisli Jenkins
University of Nottingham, Clinical Sciences Building, Nottingham City Hospital, Nottingham NG5 1PB, UK
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 40:1068-78. 2008..This review describes the mechanism of protease driven TGF-beta activation, and discusses the physiological and pathological relevance of this process...
- TGF-β activation and lung fibrosisAmanda L Tatler
Nottingham Respiratory Biomedical Research Unit, Nottingham University Hospitals, University of Nottingham, Hucknall Road, Nottingham, UK
Proc Am Thorac Soc 9:130-6. 2012..This article describes the mechanisms through which epithelial cells activate TGF-β by the αvβ6 integrin and mesenchymal cells activate TGF-β by the αvβ5 integrin, and highlights their roles in lung fibrosis...
- Integrin αvβ5-mediated TGF-β activation by airway smooth muscle cells in asthmaAmanda L Tatler
Nottingham Respiratory Biomedical Research Unit, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG5 1PB, United Kingdom
J Immunol 187:6094-107. 2011..These data highlight a mechanism of TGF-β activation in asthma and support the hypothesis that bronchoconstriction promotes airway remodeling via integrin mediated TGF-β activation...
- The pathogenesis of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisWilliam R Coward
Nottingham Respiratory Biomedical Research Unit, Clinical Sciences Building, Nottingham City Campus, Nottingham, UK
Ther Adv Respir Dis 4:367-88. 2010..The resulting deposition of excess disrupted matrix by these myofibroblasts leads to the development of IPF...
- Lysophosphatidic acid induces alphavbeta6 integrin-mediated TGF-beta activation via the LPA2 receptor and the small G protein G alpha(q)Ming Yan Xu
Centre for Respiratory Research, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, NG5 1PB, UK
Am J Pathol 174:1264-79. 2009....
- Tryptase activates TGFbeta in human airway smooth muscle cells via direct proteolysisAmanda L Tatler
Centre for Respiratory Research, Clinical Sciences Building, City Hospital, University of Nottingham, Hucknall Road, Nottingham NG5 1PB, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 370:239-42. 2008..The results indicate that tryptase activates TGFbeta via a PAR2-independent proteolytic mechanism in human ASM cells and may help understanding the role of tryptase in asthma...
- Role of integrin-mediated TGFbeta activation in the pathogenesis of pulmonary fibrosisAmanda Goodwin
Centre for Respiratory Research, Nottingham Biomedical Research Unit, Nottingham NG5 1PB, UK
Biochem Soc Trans 37:849-54. 2009..Therefore the molecular pathways that lead to integrin-mediated TGFbeta activation must be precisely defined to identify and fully exploit novel therapeutic targets that might ultimately improve the prognosis for patients with IPF...
- Repression of IP-10 by interactions between histone deacetylation and hypermethylation in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisWilliam R Coward
Division of Respiratory Medicine, Centre for Respiratory Research and Nottingham Respiratory Biomedical Research Unit, University of Nottingham, Clinical Sciences Building, City Hospital, Nottingham NG5 1PB, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 30:2874-86. 2010....