B J Jefferis
Affiliation: University College London
- Cognitive development in childhood and drinking behaviour over two decades in adulthoodB J M H Jefferis
UCL Institute of Child Health, Centre for Paediatric Epidemiology and Biostatistics, 30 Guilford Street, London WC1N 1EH, UK
J Epidemiol Community Health 62:506-12. 2008....
- Circulating TNFalpha levels in older men and women do not show independent prospective relations with MI or strokeBarbara J Jefferis
UCL Department Primary Care and Population Health, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, UK
Atherosclerosis 205:302-8. 2009....
- Changes in environmental tobacco smoke (ETS) exposure over a 20-year period: cross-sectional and longitudinal analysesBarbara J Jefferis
British Regional Heart Study, UCL Department of Primary Care and Population Sciences, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, UK
Addiction 104:496-503. 2009..To examine long-term changes in environmental tobacco smoke (ETS) exposure in British men between 1978 and 2000, using serum cotinine...
- Secondhand smoke (SHS) exposure is associated with circulating markers of inflammation and endothelial function in adult men and womenB J Jefferis
Department Primary Care and Population Health, UCL Medical School, Rowland Hill St, NW3 2PF, London, UK
Atherosclerosis 208:550-6. 2010..Therefore we investigate associations between SHS exposure and CHD risk factors, to clarify how SHS exposure may raise risk of CHD...
- Prospective study of matrix metalloproteinase-9 and risk of myocardial infarction and stroke in older men and womenBarbara J Jefferis
Department of Primary Care and Population Health, UCL Medical School, London, United Kingdom
Atherosclerosis 208:557-63. 2010..We investigate prospective associations between MMP-9 and MI or stroke in an older general population cohort, accounting for established and novel cardiovascular risk factors...
- Prospective study of circulating soluble CD40 ligand concentrations and the incidence of cardiovascular disease in a nested prospective case-control study of older men and womenB J Jefferis
Department of Primary Care and Population Health, UCL Medical School, Rowland Hill Street, London, UK
J Thromb Haemost 9:1452-9. 2011..CD40 ligand(CD40L) is implicated in atherosclerotic plaque formation...
- Cotinine-assessed second-hand smoke exposure and risk of cardiovascular disease in older adultsB J Jefferis
UCL Department of Primary Care and Population Health, UCL Medical School, London, UK
Heart 96:854-9. 2010..To examine whether second-hand smoke (SHS) exposure measured by serum cotinine is associated with increased coronary heart disease (CHD) and stroke risk among contemporary older British adults...