F D Jarad
Affiliation: University of Liverpool
- Working length determination in general dental practice: a randomised controlled trialF D Jarad
School of Dentistry, University of Liverpool, Pembroke Place, Liverpool, L3 5PS, UK
Br Dent J 211:595-8. 2011..To evaluate the ability of apex locators as a tool in determining working length in comparison to traditional working length radiographs in general dental practice...
- The use of digital imaging for colour matching and communication in restorative dentistryF D Jarad
Liverpool University Dental Hospital, Pembroke Place, Liverpool, L3 5PS
Br Dent J 199:43-9; discussion 33. 2005..To develop a shade matching method based on digital imaging and to compare observers' ability using this method with the conventional one set against a spectrophotometric 'gold standard'...
- The use of objective digital matching to achieve an esthetic composite restorationF D Jarad
School of Dental Sciences, University of Liverpool, Liverpool University Dental Hospital, Pembroke Place, Liverpool, UK
J Clin Dent 19:9-13. 2008..To investigate the ability to match composite restorations to teeth using digital imaging and CIE L*a*b* color differences...
- The effect of enamel porcelain thickness on color and the ability of a shade guide to prescribe chromaF D Jarad
Restorative Dentistry, Unit of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dental Studies, Liverpool University Dental Hospital, Pembroke Place, Liverpool, L3 5PS, UK
Dent Mater 23:454-60. 2007..To test the null hypothesis that there is no color change when enamel porcelain thickness is changed and to evaluate the ability of a shade guide to prescribe chroma...
- An investigation into the effect of try-in pastes, uncured and cured resin cements on the overall color of ceramic veneer restorations: an in vitro studyN ALGhazali
School of Dental Sciences, University of Liverpool, United Kingdom
J Dent 38:e78-86. 2010..The aim of this study was to assess how different shades of try-in pastes, uncured and cured resin cements influence the overall color of porcelain veneer restorations...
- The effect of bleaching, varying the shade or thickness of composite veneers on final colour: an in vitro studyF D Jarad
Restorative Dentistry, Liverpool University Dental Hospital, Pembroke Place, Liverpool L3 5PS, United Kingdom
J Dent 36:554-9. 2008..To investigate whether bleaching prior to placement of a composite veneer had an effect on the final shade of the restoration and whether this was affected by the thickness or shade of the veneer...
- The evaluation of a novel method comparing quantitative light-induced fluorescence (QLF) with spectrophotometry to assess staining and bleaching of teethA A Adeyemi
School of Dental Sciences, The University of Liverpool, The Edwards Building, Daulby Street, Liverpool, UK
Clin Oral Investig 14:19-25. 2010..The reliability of the method shows a potential clinical application...
- The erosive potential of some alcopops using bovine enamel: an in vitro studyM A Ablal
School of Dental Sciences, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
J Dent 37:835-9. 2009..This study aimed to investigate the erosive potential of alcopops on bovine enamel in vitro...
- The whitening effect of chlorine dioxide--an in vitro studyM A Ablal
Health Services Research, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK Electronic address
J Dent 41:e76-81. 2013..The aim of this study was to investigate the whitening properties and rate of bleaching action of chlorine dioxide and compare them with those of hydrogen peroxide of similar concentration...
- The effect of colour defective vision on shade matching accuracyJ Ethell
Unit of Restorative Dentistry, Department of Clinical Dental Sciences, Liverpool University Dental School, UK
Eur J Prosthodont Restor Dent 14:131-6. 2006..Although both subject groups were similar in their shade matching abilities, individuals with colour defective vision perceived it to be a slightly more difficult exercise...
- Validation of an extracted tooth model of endodontic irrigationC K Hope
University of Liverpool, School of Dental Sciences, Liverpool, UK
J Microbiol Methods 84:131-3. 2011..ANOVA revealed no significant variations between the twelve teeth or experiments undertaken on different occasions; however, variation between irrigants was significant...
- An investigation into most effective method of treating stained teeth: an in vitro studyC E Griffiths
BDS Liverpool, University of Liverpool, United Kingdom
J Dent 36:54-62. 2008..To assess the most efficacious method of treating stained teeth: bleaching alone, veneering alone or a combination of bleaching and veneering and whether the choice alters depending on the degree of staining...
- Comparison of quantitative light-induced fluorescence (QLF) and digital imaging applied for the detection and quantification of staining and stain removal on teethA A Adeyemi
The University of Liverpool, Department of Clinical Dental Sciences, Edwards Building, Daulby Street, Liverpool L69 3GN, UK
J Dent 34:460-6. 2006..This study compares the use of QLF with digital imaging in the detection and quantification of the development and removal of stain on teeth...