Affiliation: University of Oxford
- Adolescent inpatient psychiatric admission rates and subsequent one-year mortality in England: 1998-2004Anthony James
Highfield Adolescent Unit, Warneford Hospital, Oxford, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 51:1395-404. 2010....
- Schizophrenia delays and alters maturation of the brain in adolescenceGwenaelle Douaud
Department of Clinical Neurology, FMRIB Centre, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Brain 132:2437-48. 2009..Taken together, these results suggest common aetiological mechanisms for adolescent- and adult-onset schizophrenia with an altered neurodevelopmental time course in the schizophrenic patients that is particularly salient in adolescence...
- Cognitive behavioural therapy for anxiety disorders in children and adolescentsAnthony C James
University of Oxford Department of Psychiatry, Oxford, UK
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 6:CD004690. 2013....
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and suicide: a review of possible associationsA James
Highfield Adolescent Unit, Warneford Hospital, Oxford OX3 7JX, UK
Acta Psychiatr Scand 110:408-15. 2004..To review the evidence of a possible association between attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and suicide...
- Cerebellar, prefrontal cortex, and thalamic volumes over two time points in adolescent-onset schizophreniaAnthony C James
Highfield Adolescent Unit, Warneford Hospital, Oxford, UK
Am J Psychiatry 161:1023-9. 2004..The aim of this study was to examine the hypothesis that early-onset schizophrenia is associated with structural abnormalities in the prefrontal cortex, thalamus, and cerebellum, compatible with a dysconnectivity syndrome...
- Structural brain and neuropsychometric changes associated with pediatric bipolar disorder with psychosisAnthony James
Highfield Family and Adolescent Unit, Warneford Hospital Oxford Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain FMRIB, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford GSK Clinical Imaging Centre, Imperial College London, London, UK
Bipolar Disord 13:16-27. 2011..To identify neuropsychological and structural brain changes using a combination of high-resolution structural and diffusion tensor imaging in pediatric bipolar disorder (PBD) with psychosis (presence of delusions and or hallucinations)...
- Greater white and grey matter changes associated with early cannabis use in adolescent-onset schizophrenia (AOS)A James
Highfield Adolescent Unit, Warneford Hospital, Oxford, United Kingdom
Schizophr Res 128:91-7. 2011..Cannabis use is associated with a higher risk of schizophrenia, however, its specific long-term effect on the structure of the brain of adolescent-onset schizophrenic patients remains unclear...
- Anatomically related grey and white matter abnormalities in adolescent-onset schizophreniaGwenaelle Douaud
FMRIB Centre, Department of Clinical Neurology, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Brain 130:2375-86. 2007..Together, our observations suggest that the neuropathology of adolescent-onset schizophrenia involves larger and widespread changes than in the adult form, consistent with the greater clinical severity...
- Evidence for abnormalities of cortical development in adolescent-onset schizophreniaNatalie L Voets
FMRIB Centre, Department of Clinical Neurology, University of Oxford, UK
Neuroimage 43:665-75. 2008..Evidence for changes in local surface area (as opposed to simply cortical thinning) is consistent with a neurodevelopmental contribution to the underlying neuropathology of the disease...
- Association between quantitative traits underlying asthma and the HLA-DRB1 locus in a family-based population sampleM F Moffatt
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, Roosevelt Drive, Headington, Oxford OX3 7BN, UK
Eur J Hum Genet 9:341-6. 2001..The results indicate that HLA-DRB1 alleles modulate the total serum IgE concentration and IgE responses to allergens, but do not account for the previous observations of linkage of asthma to the MHC...
- Repetition of deliberate self-harm by adolescents: the role of psychological factorsK Hawton
University Department of Psychiatry, Warneford Hospital, Oxford, UK
J Adolesc 22:369-78. 1999..In the management of adolescents who have harmed themselves, careful assessment of depression and appropriate management of those who are depressed is essential...
- Extracellular matrix components and regulators in the airway smooth muscle in asthmaB B Araujo
Dept of Pathology, Sao Paulo University Medical School, Avenida Dr Arnaldo, 455, 01246 903, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
Eur Respir J 32:61-9. 2008....
- A genome-wide association scan for asthma in a general Australian populationJ Hui
Western Australian Institute for Medical Research and UWA Centre for Medical Research, B Block, QEII Medical Centre, The University of Western Australia, Nedlands, WA, 6009, Australia
Hum Genet 123:297-306. 2008..001). Each region contains a predicted gene that showed strong associations with asthma. Further studies are underway to characterize the novel candidate asthma susceptibility genes identified in this genome-wide study...
- Violence and aggression in the emergency departmentA James
Department of Clinical Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Emerg Med J 23:431-4. 2006..To investigate the characteristics of incidents of aggression and violence directed towards staff in an urban UK emergency department...
- Reduced apoptosis of memory T-cells in the inner airway wall of mild and severe asthmaJ P Lamb
Dept of Pulmonary Physiology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Hospital Avenue, 6009 Nedlands, WA, Australia
Eur Respir J 26:265-70. 2005..It is possible that survival signals may be received before cells migrate into the interstitium of the inner airway wall...
- Remodelling of airway smooth muscle in asthma: what sort do you have?A James
West Australian Sleep Disorders Research Institute, School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Nedlands, WA, Australia
Clin Exp Allergy 35:703-7. 2005....
- Cerebral palsy and juvenile-onset bipolar disorder. A preliminary reportC Craven
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Brothers of Charity Southern Services, Lota, Glanmire, Cork, Republic of Ireland
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 11:134-7. 2002..An interesting association between the periventricular leucomalacia as an aetiological factor in cerebral palsy and the white matter lesions seen on magnetic resonance imaging in cases of bipolar disorder is noted...
- Transbronchial biopsy as a tool to evaluate small-airways disease in asthma. ConsA James
Eur Respir J 20:249-51. 2002
- Evidence for different subgroups of difficult asthma in childrenD N Payne
Department of Paediatric Respiratory Medicine, Royal Brompton Hospital, Sydney Street, London SW3 6NP, UK
Thorax 56:345-50. 2001..Both subgroups included patients with persistent symptoms, which suggests that different patterns of difficult asthma in children exist...
- A genome-wide search for quantitative trait loci underlying asthmaS E Daniels
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetic Disease, University of Oxford, UK
Nature 383:247-50. 1996..The results demonstrate the extent and the complexity of the genetic predisposition to asthma...