Affiliation: University of York
- Hospital admissions for severe mental illness in England: Changes in equity of utilisation at the small area level between 2006 and 2010Jonathan White
Centre for Health Economics, University of York, York YO10 5DD, United Kingdom Electronic address
Soc Sci Med 120:243-51. 2014..Although there is some evidence that inequity has reduced over time, the changes are small and not always robust to sensitivity analyses. ..
- Health, policy and geography: insights from a multi-level modelling approachAdriana Castelli
Centre for Health Economics, University of York, York YO105DD, UK
Soc Sci Med 92:61-73. 2013..This is relevant not only to the English context but also to other countries where responsibilities for health and wellbeing are being devolved to localities and communities...
- The relationship between organizational culture and performance in acute hospitalsRowena Jacobs
Centre for Health Economics, University of York, Heslington, York YO105DD, UK
Soc Sci Med 76:115-25. 2013..The study provides evidence for a relationship between culture and performance in hospital settings...
- Impact of crisis resolution and home treatment teams on psychiatric admissions in EnglandR Jacobs
Centre for Health Economics, University of York, Heslington, York, UK
Br J Psychiatry 199:71-6. 2011..In 2000/01 crisis resolution and home treatment (CRHT) teams were introduced in England and have been associated in previous studies with reductions in in-patient admissions...
- Alternative methods to examine hospital efficiency: data envelopment analysis and stochastic frontier analysisR Jacobs
Centre for Health Economics, University of York, Heslington, UK
Health Care Manag Sci 4:103-15. 2001..The conclusions concur with previous findings that there are not truly large efficiency differences between Trusts and savings from bringing up poorer performers would in fact be quite modest...