David A Isenberg
Affiliation: University College London
- Cleanthous S, Isenberg D, Newman S, Cano S. Patient Uncertainty Questionnaire-Rheumatology (PUQ-R): development and validation of a new patient-reported outcome instrument for systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in a mixed methods study. Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2016;14:33 pubmed publisher..82 - 0.93). The PUQ-R has been developed and evaluated specifically for patients with SLE and RA. By quantifying uncertainty, the PUQ-R has the potential to support evidence-based management programmes and research. ..
- Fasano S, Gordon P, Hajji R, Loyo E, Isenberg D. Rituximab in the treatment of inflammatory myopathies: a review. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2017;56:26-36 pubmed publisher..We identified 458 patients with myositis treated with RTX. We found a rate of response to RTX of 78.3%. RTX can play a role in the management of patients with myositis, at least in those with positive myositis-specific autoantibodies. ..
- Morais S, Isenberg D. A study of the influence of ethnicity on serology and clinical features in lupus. Lupus. 2017;26:17-26 pubmed..Serositis, joint and neurological involvement were more frequently diagnosed in the South Asian patients. Anti-ENA antibodies were frequently associated with the Afro-Caribbean patients. ..
- Fritsch C, Hoebeke J, Dali H, Ricchiuti V, Isenberg D, Meyer O, et al. 52-kDa Ro/SSA epitopes preferentially recognized by antibodies from mothers of children with neonatal lupus and congenital heart block. Arthritis Res Ther. 2006;8:R4 pubmed..IgG antibodies to Ro52 peptides 1-13, 107-122, 277-292 and 365-382 may therefore represent important biomarkers to predict a complication in pregnant lupus women with Ro52 antibodies. ..
- Chinoy H, Salway F, Fertig N, Shephard N, Tait B, Thomson W, et al. In adult onset myositis, the presence of interstitial lung disease and myositis specific/associated antibodies are governed by HLA class II haplotype, rather than by myositis subtype. Arthritis Res Ther. 2006;8:R13 pubmed..In conclusion, these findings support the notion that myositis patients with differing myositis serology have different immunogenetic profiles, and that these profiles may define specific myositis subtypes. ..