- Isaac R, Johnson E, Audsley N, Shirras A. Metabolic inactivation of the circadian transmitter, pigment dispersing factor (PDF), by neprilysin-like peptidases in Drosophila. J Exp Biol. 2007;210:4465-70 pubmed....
- Isaac R, Bland N, Shirras A. Neuropeptidases and the metabolic inactivation of insect neuropeptides. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2009;162:8-17 pubmed publisher..We also discuss how the sequencing of insect genomes has led to the molecular identification of candidate neuropeptidase genes. ..
- Isaac R, Li C, Leedale A, Shirras A. Drosophila male sex peptide inhibits siesta sleep and promotes locomotor activity in the post-mated female. Proc Biol Sci. 2010;277:65-70 pubmed publisher..The stress resulting from SP-dependent sleep deprivation might be an important contribution to the toxic side-effects of male accessory gland products that are known to reduce lifespan in post-mated females. ..
- Isaac R, Kim Y, Audsley N. The degradome and the evolution of Drosophila sex peptide as a ligand for the MIP receptor. Peptides. 2014;53:258-64 pubmed publisher..melanogaster. SP has evolved relatively recently as a MIP receptor ligand that is particularly well adapted to surviving in the hostile degradome of the male accessory gland and seminal fluid. ..
- Isaac R, Parkin E, Keen J, Nassel D, Siviter R, Shirras A. Inactivation of a tachykinin-related peptide: identification of four neuropeptide-degrading enzymes in neuronal membranes of insects from four different orders. Peptides. 2002;23:725-33 pubmed....
- Bland N, Pinney J, Thomas J, Turner A, Isaac R. Bioinformatic analysis of the neprilysin (M13) family of peptidases reveals complex evolutionary and functional relationships. BMC Evol Biol. 2008;8:16 pubmed publisher..It is predicted that differences in the S2' subsite are fundamental to determining the substrate specificities that facilitate this functional diversity. ..