David P Inwald
Affiliation: University College London
- The effect of early inhaled budesonide on pulmonary inflammation in infants with respiratory distress syndromeD P Inwald
Department of Neonatal Medicine, Homerton Hospital, London E9 6SR, UK
Eur J Pediatr 158:815-6. 1999..The aim of this pilot study was to determine the effect of early inhaled budesonide on clinical and inflammatory parameters in preterm infants ventilated for respiratory distress syndrome...
- Enterovirus myocarditis as a cause of neonatal collapseD Inwald
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust, Great Ormond Street, London WC1N 3JH, UK
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 89:F461-2. 2004..Four survived. Enterovirus myocarditis may be an under recognised cause of neonatal collapse...
- Open lung biopsy in neonatal and paediatric patients referred for extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)D Inwald
Portex Unit, Institute of Child Health, London WC1N 1EH, UK
Thorax 59:328-33. 2004..This study was undertaken to determine the usefulness, safety, and most appropriate timing of open lung biopsy in infants and children considered for and on extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) for respiratory failure...
- CD40 is constitutively expressed on platelets and provides a novel mechanism for platelet activationDavid P Inwald
Portex, Intensive Therapy and Respiratory Unit, Institute of Child Health, 30 Guilford St, London WC1N 1EH, England
Circ Res 92:1041-8. 2003..Our results support a role for CD40-mediated platelet activation in thrombosis, inflammation, and atherosclerosis...
- Current management and outcome of tracheobronchial malacia and stenosis presenting to the paediatric intensive care unitD P Inwald
Portex Anaesthesia, Intensive Therapy and Respiratory Medicine Unit, Institute of Child Health, 30 Guilford Street, London WC1N 1EH, UK
Intensive Care Med 27:722-9. 2001..To identify factors associated with mortality and prolonged ventilatory requirements in patients admitted to our paediatric intensive care unit (PICU) with tracheobronchial malacia and stenosis diagnosed by dynamic contrast bronchograms...
- Demystified...adhesion molecule deficienciesD Inwald
Portex Department of Anaesthesia, Intensive Care and Respiratory Medicine, Institute of Child Health, London, UK
Mol Pathol 54:1-7. 2001..This review describes these leucocyte adhesion defects and discusses how they have provided important insights into the function of these molecules...
- Platelet and leucocyte activation in childhood sickle cell disease: association with nocturnal hypoxaemiaD P Inwald
Portex Unit of Anaesthesia, Intensive Care and Respiratory Medicine, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust, London, UK
Br J Haematol 111:474-81. 2000..466, P = 0.038) and monocyte CD11b (Spearman's rho -0.652, P = 0. 002). These findings provide important clues about the mechanism by which SCD patients may become predisposed to vaso-occlusive events...
- Absence of platelet CD40L identifies patients with X-linked hyper IgM syndromeD P Inwald
Portex Department of Anaesthesia, Intensive Therapy and Respiratory Medicine and Immunobiology Unit, Institute of Child Health, London, UK
Clin Exp Immunol 120:499-502. 2000..We have demonstrated that this technique is useful in neonatal screening, in rapid diagnosis and in determining reconstitution by donor bone marrow post-transplantation...
- Platelet and soluble CD40L in meningococcal sepsisDavid P Inwald
Department of Paediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, St Mary s Campus, W2 1PG, London, UK
Intensive Care Med 32:1432-7. 2006..To determine the influence of meningococcal sepsis on levels of platelet derived CD40L and on endothelial CD40 expression...
- Hyperglycemia is associated with morbidity in critically ill children with meningococcal sepsisKerry M Day
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, St Mary s Hospital, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London, England
Pediatr Crit Care Med 9:636-40. 2008..To determine the association between hyperglycemia and outcome in children ventilated for meningococcal sepsis...