Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Oxford
- Integrin alpha2beta1 mediates outside-in regulation of platelet spreading on collagen through activation of Src kinases and PLCgamma2Osamu Inoue
Department of Pharmacology, University of Oxford, Mansfield Road, Oxford, OX1 3QT, UK
J Cell Biol 160:769-80. 2003....
- Murine GPVI stimulates weak integrin activation in PLCgamma2-/- platelets: involvement of PLCgamma1 and PI3-kinaseKatsue Suzuki-Inoue
Department of Pharmacology, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
Blood 102:1367-73. 2003..These results provide strong evidence that engagement of GPVI stimulates limited integrin activation in PLCgamma2-/- platelets via PLCgamma1 and PI3-kinase...
- Vav1, but not Vav2, contributes to platelet aggregation by CRP and thrombin, but neither is required for regulation of phospholipase CAndrew C Pearce
Department of Pharmacology, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
Blood 100:3561-9. 2002..The present study has provided evidence for a possible role of Vav1 but not Vav2 in the later stages of platelet aggregation...
- Association of Fyn and Lyn with the proline-rich domain of glycoprotein VI regulates intracellular signalingKatsue Suzuki-Inoue
Department of Pharmacology, University of Oxford, Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3QT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 277:21561-6. 2002..These findings demonstrate that the proline-rich domain of GPVI mediates the association with Fyn/Lyn via their SH3 domain and that this interaction initiates activation signals through GPVI...
- Regulation of adaptor protein GIT1 in platelets, leading to the interaction between GIT1 and integrin alpha(IIb)beta3Hitomi Sato
Department of Clinical and Laboratory Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Yamanashi, 1110 Shimokato, Chuo, Yamanashi 409 3898, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 368:157-61. 2008..These results suggest that tyrosine phosphorylation of GIT1 by Src kinases may regulate cytoskeletal reorganization downstream of alpha(IIb)beta(3) by bringing the Rac GEF betaPIX to the vicinity of the integrin...
- Molecular analysis of the pathophysiological binding of the platelet aggregation-inducing factor podoplanin to the C-type lectin-like receptor CLEC-2Yukinari Kato
Research Center for Medical Glycoscience, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Open Space Laboratory C 2, 1 1 1 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8568, Japan
Cancer Sci 99:54-61. 2008..Podoplanin and CLEC-2 might represent promising therapeutic targets in cancer metastasis...
- Involvement of the snake toxin receptor CLEC-2, in podoplanin-mediated platelet activation, by cancer cellsKatsue Suzuki-Inoue
Department of Clinical and Laboratory Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Yamanashi, 1110 Shimokato, Chuo, Yamanashi, 409 3898, Japan
J Biol Chem 282:25993-6001. 2007..These findings suggest that CLEC-2 is a physiological target protein of podoplanin and imply that it is involved in podoplanin-induced platelet aggregation, tumor metastasis, and other cellular responses related to podoplanin...
- Involvement of Src kinases and PLCgamma2 in clot retractionKatsue Suzuki-Inoue
Department of Clinical and Laboratory Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Yamanashi University, 1110 Shimokato, Chuo, Yamanashi, 409 3898, Japan
Thromb Res 120:251-8. 2007..These results demonstrate a partial role for Src kinase-dependent activation of PLCgamma2 and MLC phosphorylation in mediating clot retraction downstream of integrin alpha(IIb)beta(3)...
- Laminin stimulates spreading of platelets through integrin alpha6beta1-dependent activation of GPVIOsamu Inoue
Department of Clinical and Laboratory Medicine, Yamanashi Medical University, 1110 Shimokato Tamaho Nakakoma, Yamanashi 409 3898, Japan
Blood 107:1405-12. 2006..We speculate that laminin contributes to platelet spreading in vivo through a direct interaction with GPVI...
- Docking protein Gab2 positively regulates glycoprotein VI-mediated platelet activationQun Yi
Department of Clinical and Laboratory Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Medicine and Engineering, University of Yamanashi, Tamaho, Nakakoma, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 337:446-51. 2005..These findings provide evidence for a functional role of Gab2 in supporting platelet activation by GPVI...
- A novel Syk-dependent mechanism of platelet activation by the C-type lectin receptor CLEC-2Katsue Suzuki-Inoue
Department of Clinical and Laboratory Medicine, University of Yamanashi, Shimokato Tamaho Nakakoma, Yamanashi 409 3898, Japan
Blood 107:542-9. 2006..CLEC-2 is the first C-type lectin receptor to be found on platelets which signals through this novel pathway...
- Redundant mechanism of platelet adhesion to laminin and collagen under flow: involvement of von Willebrand factor and glycoprotein Ib-IX-VOsamu Inoue
Department of Clinical and Laboratory Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Yamanashi, 1110 Shimokato, Chuo, Yamanashi, 409 3898 Japan
J Biol Chem 283:16279-82. 2008..This mechanism is similar to that of collagen. We propose that integrins, GPVI, GPIb-IX-V, and VWF represent a general paradigm for the interaction between platelets and subendothelial matrices...
- Binding kinetics of 11C-N-methyl piperidyl benzilate (11C-NMPB) in a rhesus monkey brain using the cerebellum as a reference regionTakashi Itoh
Center for Information and Sciences, Nippon Medical School, 1 1 5 Sendagi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8602, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 19:499-505. 2005..When 11C-NMPB binding was compared between ketamine-treated and awake animals, a significant increase in 11C-NMPB binding was observed in the striatum but not in other brain regions of ketamine-treated animals...
- Acute treatment with pentobarbital alters the kinetics of in vivo receptor binding in the mouse brainYojiro Sakiyama
Division of Clinical Research, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Inage Ku, Chibashi 263 8555, Japan
Nucl Med Biol 33:535-41. 2006..These results suggest that apparent increases in binding at 20 min after tracer injection were due to the decrease in the association and dissociation rates of binding in vivo...
- Lack of cyclic AMP-specific phosphodiesterase 4 activation during naloxone-precipitated morphine withdrawal in ratsMegumi Kimura
Department of Drug Safety Evaluation, Developmental Research Laboratories, Shionogi and Co. Ltd, Toyonaka, Osaka, Japan
Neurosci Lett 404:107-11. 2006..These results suggest that the lack of PDE4 activation leading to remarkable elevation of cyclic AMP is involved in naloxone-precipitated morphine withdrawal symptoms...
- Effect of sabcomeline on muscarinic and dopamine receptor binding in intact mouse brainRie Hosoi
Department of Medical Physics, School of Allied Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Osaka University, Suita, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 17:123-30. 2003..Although the mechanism is still unclear, sabcomeline altered dopamine D2 receptor affinity or availability by modulations via neural networks...
- Sensitivities of benzodiazepine receptor binding and muscarinic acetylcholine receptor binding for the detection of neural cell death caused by sodium nitroprusside microinjection in rat brainOsamu Inoue
Department of Medical Physics, School of Allied Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Osaka University, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Synapse 49:134-41. 2003..These results indicate that mAChR binding may be superior to BZR binding for detecting cell death in brain tissue, in contrast to what was previously thought...
- Increment of in vivo binding of [3H]SCH 23390, a dopamine D1 receptor ligand, induced by cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase in rat brainKohji Abe
Department of Medical Physics, School of Allied Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Osaka University, 1 7 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Brain Res 952:211-7. 2002..These results strongly indicate that the PKA-mediated phosphorylation may play a pivotal role in the regulating the in vivo [(3)H]SCH 23390 dopamine D(1) receptor binding in intact rat brain...