Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Dundee
- Small RNA asymmetry in RNAi: function in RISC assembly and gene regulationGyorgy Hutvagner
University of Dundee, School of Life Sciences, Division of Gene Regulation and Expression, Dundee DD1 4HN, UK
FEBS Lett 579:5850-7. 2005..Here, I review the rules of the asymmetric RISC formation and discuss their possible regulatory function in several steps in RNAi...
- Posttranslational modification of Argonautes and their role in small RNA-mediated gene regulationMichael Johnston
RNA Biology, Department of Biology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, LFW D18, 1 Universitätstrasse 2, 8092, Zurich, Switzerland
Silence 2:5. 2011..An emerging theme in the control of Argonaute stability and activity is through posttranslational modifications, which are the focus of this review...
- Integration of microRNA changes in vivo identifies novel molecular features of muscle insulin resistance in type 2 diabetesIain J Gallagher
Translational Biomedicine, Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh, EH14 4AS, UK
Genome Med 2:9. 2010..The relative importance and mode of action of miRNAs in human complex diseases remains to be fully elucidated. We produce a global map of coding and non-coding RNAs in human muscle IR with the aim of identifying novel disease biomarkers...
- Argonaute proteins: key players in RNA silencingGyorgy Hutvagner
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, DD1 5EH, UK
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 9:22-32. 2008..With their functional domains, Argonaute proteins can bind small non-coding RNAs and control protein synthesis, affect messenger RNA stability and even participate in the production of a new class of small RNAs, Piwi-interacting RNAs...
- HSP90 protein stabilizes unloaded argonaute complexes and microscopic P-bodies in human cellsMichael Johnston
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Cell 21:1462-9. 2010..Our data suggests that HSP90 protein chaperones Argonautes before binding RNA and may facilitate efficient loading of small RNA...
- Polypyrimidine tract binding protein (hnRNP I) is possibly a conserved modulator of miRNA-mediated gene regulationBart Engels
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e33144. 2012..In addition, using genetic approach, we have demonstrated that PTB genetically interacts with Caenorhabditis elegans let-7 indicating a conserved role for PTB in miRNA-mediated gene regulation...
- Regulation of miRNA transcription in macrophages in response to Candida albicansClaire E Monk
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, College of Life Sciences, Sir James Black Complex, University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland
PLoS ONE 5:e13669. 2010..These results suggest that miR-455, miR-125, miR-146 and miR-155 may play important roles in regulating macrophage function following PRR stimulation...
- Regulation of the miR-212/132 locus by MSK1 and CREB in response to neurotrophinsJudit Remenyi
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, U K
Biochem J 428:281-91. 2010....
- Transfer RNA-derived fragments: origins, processing, and functionsAndrew Sobala
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression, Dundee University, Dundee, UK
Wiley Interdiscip Rev RNA 2:853-62. 2011..We also propose a nomenclature that is based on their processing characteristics...
- Natural variation of the amino-terminal glutamine-rich domain in Drosophila argonaute2 is not associated with developmental defectsDaniel Hain
Division of Cell and Developmental Biology, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 5:e15264. 2010..Our data indicate that GRR variation does not modulate an essential function of Ago2 and that the amino-terminal domain of Ago2 is subject to rapid evolution...
- Filtering of deep sequencing data reveals the existence of abundant Dicer-dependent small RNAs derived from tRNAsChristian Cole
Division of Biological Chemistry and Drug Discovery, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, United Kingdom
RNA 15:2147-60. 2009..Moreover, we showed that the processing of small RNAs derived from tRNA(Gln) is dependent on Dicer in vivo and that Dicer cleaves the tRNA in vitro...
- Loss of miRNA biogenesis induces p19Arf-p53 signaling and senescence in primary cellsRajini Mudhasani
Department of Cell Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, North Worcester, MA 01655, USA
J Cell Biol 181:1055-63. 2008..These results reveal that loss of miRNA biogenesis activates a DNA damage checkpoint, up-regulates p19(Arf)-p53 signaling, and induces senescence in primary cells...