Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Dundee
- Small RNA asymmetry in RNAi: function in RISC assembly and gene regulationGyorgy Hutvagner
University of Dundee, School of Life Sciences, Division of Gene Regulation and Expression, Dundee DD1 4HN, UK
FEBS Lett 579:5850-7. 2005..Here, I review the rules of the asymmetric RISC formation and discuss their possible regulatory function in several steps in RNAi...
- Posttranslational modification of Argonautes and their role in small RNA-mediated gene regulationMichael Johnston
RNA Biology, Department of Biology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, LFW D18, 1 Universitätstrasse 2, 8092, Zurich, Switzerland
Silence 2:5. 2011..An emerging theme in the control of Argonaute stability and activity is through posttranslational modifications, which are the focus of this review...
- Integration of microRNA changes in vivo identifies novel molecular features of muscle insulin resistance in type 2 diabetesIain J Gallagher
Translational Biomedicine, Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh, EH14 4AS, UK
Genome Med 2:9. 2010..The relative importance and mode of action of miRNAs in human complex diseases remains to be fully elucidated. We produce a global map of coding and non-coding RNAs in human muscle IR with the aim of identifying novel disease biomarkers...
- Argonaute proteins: key players in RNA silencingGyorgy Hutvagner
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, DD1 5EH, UK
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 9:22-32. 2008..With their functional domains, Argonaute proteins can bind small non-coding RNAs and control protein synthesis, affect messenger RNA stability and even participate in the production of a new class of small RNAs, Piwi-interacting RNAs...
- HSP90 protein stabilizes unloaded argonaute complexes and microscopic P-bodies in human cellsMichael Johnston
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Cell 21:1462-9. 2010..Our data suggests that HSP90 protein chaperones Argonautes before binding RNA and may facilitate efficient loading of small RNA...
- Polypyrimidine tract binding protein (hnRNP I) is possibly a conserved modulator of miRNA-mediated gene regulationBart Engels
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e33144. 2012..In addition, using genetic approach, we have demonstrated that PTB genetically interacts with Caenorhabditis elegans let-7 indicating a conserved role for PTB in miRNA-mediated gene regulation...
- Regulation of miRNA transcription in macrophages in response to Candida albicansClaire E Monk
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, College of Life Sciences, Sir James Black Complex, University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland
PLoS ONE 5:e13669. 2010..These results suggest that miR-455, miR-125, miR-146 and miR-155 may play important roles in regulating macrophage function following PRR stimulation...
- Regulation of the miR-212/132 locus by MSK1 and CREB in response to neurotrophinsJudit Remenyi
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, U K
Biochem J 428:281-91. 2010....
- miR-132/212 knockout mice reveal roles for these miRNAs in regulating cortical synaptic transmission and plasticityJudit Remenyi
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e62509. 2013....
- Transfer RNA-derived fragments: origins, processing, and functionsAndrew Sobala
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression, Dundee University, Dundee, UK
Wiley Interdiscip Rev RNA 2:853-62. 2011..We also propose a nomenclature that is based on their processing characteristics...
- Natural variation of the amino-terminal glutamine-rich domain in Drosophila argonaute2 is not associated with developmental defectsDaniel Hain
Division of Cell and Developmental Biology, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 5:e15264. 2010..Our data indicate that GRR variation does not modulate an essential function of Ago2 and that the amino-terminal domain of Ago2 is subject to rapid evolution...
- Small RNAs derived from the 5' end of tRNA can inhibit protein translation in human cellsAndrew Sobala
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
RNA Biol 10:553-63. 2013..These results implicate 5' tRFs in a new mechanism of gene regulation by small RNAs in human cells...
- Filtering of deep sequencing data reveals the existence of abundant Dicer-dependent small RNAs derived from tRNAsChristian Cole
Division of Biological Chemistry and Drug Discovery, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, United Kingdom
RNA 15:2147-60. 2009..Moreover, we showed that the processing of small RNAs derived from tRNA(Gln) is dependent on Dicer in vivo and that Dicer cleaves the tRNA in vitro...
- Loss of miRNA biogenesis induces p19Arf-p53 signaling and senescence in primary cellsRajini Mudhasani
Department of Cell Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, North Worcester, MA 01655, USA
J Cell Biol 181:1055-63. 2008..These results reveal that loss of miRNA biogenesis activates a DNA damage checkpoint, up-regulates p19(Arf)-p53 signaling, and induces senescence in primary cells...