Affiliation: University of York
- COPD uncovered: an international survey on the impact of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease [COPD] on a working age populationMonica J Fletcher
Education for Health, Warwick, UK
BMC Public Health 11:612. 2011..The burden of disease is known to be high, though less is known about those of a younger age. The aim of this study was to investigate the wider personal, economic and societal burden of COPD on a cross country working-age cohort...
- Harmonization of evidence requirements for health technology assessment in reimbursement decision makingJohn Hutton
York Health Economics Consortium, University of York, Market Square, Heslington, York, UK
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 24:511-7. 2008..This study draws on experiences from recent initiatives intended to promote the harmonization of HTA and experience from related fields, particularly regulatory approval of new medical technologies...
- Coverage with evidence development: an examination of conceptual and policy issuesJohn Hutton
University of York, York Y010 5DD, UK
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 23:425-32. 2007..This study is intended to further the debate on the use of CED as well as highlight areas that warrant further research...
- The feasibility of harmonizing health technology assessments across jurisdictions: a case study of drug eluting stentsPaul Trueman
University of York, North Yorkshire, UK
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 25:455-62. 2009..This study aims to consider four HTAs of drug eluting stents to determine the degree to which the methods adopted, evidence considered, and resulting recommendations diverge...
- Framework for describing and classifying decision-making systems using technology assessment to determine the reimbursement of health technologies (fourth hurdle systems)John Hutton
Department of Health Sciences, University of York, Heslington, UK
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 22:10-8. 2006..To achieve a better understanding of the potential for use of HTA in this context, an analytical framework was developed to describe and classify existing fourth hurdle systems...
- Cost-effectiveness of oral ibandronate versus IV zoledronic acid or IV pamidronate for bone metastases in patients receiving oral hormonal therapy for breast cancer in the United KingdomErwin De Cock
The MEDTAP Institute at UBC, London, UK
Clin Ther 27:1295-310. 2005..Oral ibandronate is a single-nitrogen bisphosphonate whose efficacy is similar to that of IV ibandronate for the treatment of bone metastases...
- Selecting methods for the prediction of future events in cost-effectiveness models: a decision-framework and example from the cardiovascular fieldRichard Grieve
Health Services Research Unit, Department of Public Health and Policy, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London, WC1E 7HT, UK
Health Policy 64:311-24. 2003..Such transparency can help decision-makers understand the scientific basis underpinning models, and therefore make these models more acceptable and useful for health policy-making...
- Regulating the economic evaluation of pharmaceuticals and medical devices: a European perspectiveRichard Cookson
School of Medicine, Health Policy and Practice, University of East Anglia, Norwich Norfolk, NR4 7TJ, UK
Health Policy 63:167-78. 2003..negotiation of price-performance deals to facilitate the use of economic evidence in post-launch pricing review decisions, as information is gathered from studies of product performance in routine use...
- Developing the revised NICE appraisal technical guidance to manufacturers and sponsors: opportunity or threat?Rod S Taylor
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Pharmacoeconomics 20:1031-8. 2002..The lessons learnt from revision of the NICE guidance for manufacturers and sponsors and some main issues for its future development are discussed...
- Re: Detourney, B. The value of economic modeling studies in the evaluation of treatment strategies for multiple sclerosis. (Editorial) Value Health 2002;5:1-2John Hutton
Value Health 5:114-5. 2002
- Use of economic evaluation in decision making: what needs to change?John Hutton
Value Health 5:65-6. 2002