A Christy Hunter
Affiliation: University of Brighton
- Hunter A, Kennedy S, Clabby S, Elsom J. Fate of novel Quasi reverse steroidal substrates by Aspergillus tamarii KITA: bypass of lactonisation and an exclusive role for the minor hydroxylation pathway. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1734:190-7 pubmed..All metabolites were isolated by column chromatography and were identified by 1H and 13C NMR spectroscopy, DEPT analysis and other spectroscopic and crystallographic data. ..
- Hunter A, Bergin Simpson H. Distinct metabolic handling of 3beta-hydroxy-17a-oxa-D-homo-5alpha-androstan-17-one by the filamentous fungus Aspergillus tamarii KITA: Evidence in support of steroid/hydroxylase binding hypothesis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1771:1254-61 pubmed..tamarii rather than dehydrogenation as reported in man and microorganisms. The importance of these findings in relation to steroid/hydroxylase binding interactions is discussed. ..
- Hunter A, Watts K, Dedi C, Dodd H. An unusual ring--a opening and other reactions in steroid transformation by the thermophilic fungus Myceliophthora thermophila. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2009;116:171-7 pubmed publisher..The range of steroidal modification achieved with this fungus indicates that these organisms may be a rich source of novel steroid biocatalysis which deserve greater investigation in the future. ..
- Hunter A, Moghimi S. Cationic carriers of genetic material and cell death: a mitochondrial tale. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1797:1203-9 pubmed publisher..It is the aim of this review to discuss the mechanisms behind the observed polycation toxicity including roles for little studied cellular organelles in the process such as the lysosome and endoplasmic reticulum. ..
- Hunter A, Collins C, Dodd H, Dedi C, Koussoroplis S. Transformation of a series of saturated isomeric steroidal diols by Aspergillus tamarii KITA reveals a precise stereochemical requirement for entrance into the lactonization pathway. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2010;122:352-8 pubmed publisher..All metabolites were isolated by column chromatography and were identified by (1)H, (13)C NMR and DEPT analysis and further characterized using infra-red, elemental analysis and accurate mass measurement. ..