Adrienne R Hughes
Affiliation: University of Stirling
- Evidence-based behavioral treatment of obesity in children and adolescentsLaura Stewart
The Children s Weight Clinic PO Box 28533, Edinburgh EH4 2WW, Scotland, UK
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 18:189-98. 2009..The importance of finding effective strategies for the management of childhood obesity has international significance with the publication of various expert reports and evidence-based guidelines in recent years...
- Effect of an exercise consultation on maintenance of physical activity after completion of phase III exercise-based cardiac rehabilitationAdrienne R Hughes
University of Glasgow, Division of Developmental Medicine, Yorkhill Hospitals, Scotland
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 14:114-21. 2007..Many patients do not maintain physical activity levels after completion of phase III exercise-based cardiac rehabilitation...
- More Active Mums in Stirling (MAMMiS): a physical activity intervention for postnatal women. Study protocol for a randomized controlled trialAlyssa S Gilinsky
Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences Research Group, School of Sport, University of Stirling, Stirling, Scotland FK9 4LA, UK
Trials 13:112. 2012..However, there is limited information about the efficacy, feasibility and acceptability of motivational and behavioral interventions promoting postnatal physical activity in the UK...
- The B'Active programme for overweight primary school children in Glasgow: determining the prevalence of overweight and obesity and piloting an activity interventionAdrienne R Hughes
University of Glasgow, UK
Br J Nutr 97:204-9. 2007..The activity programme was successful in terms of attendance and enjoyment, and overall views of the initiative were positive and there was compelling support for its continuation...
- Randomized, controlled trial of a best-practice individualized behavioral program for treatment of childhood overweight: Scottish Childhood Overweight Treatment Trial (SCOTT)Adrienne R Hughes
Division of Developmental Medicine, University of Glasgow, Yorkhill Hospitals, Glasgow, United Kingdom
Pediatrics 121:e539-46. 2008..The objective of this study was to determine whether a generalizable best-practice individualized behavioral intervention reduced BMI z score relative to standard dietetic care among overweight children...
- Incidence of obesity during childhood and adolescence in a large contemporary cohortAdrienne R Hughes
University of Stirling, Department of Sports Studies, Stirling, FK9 4LA, Scotland, UK
Prev Med 52:300-4. 2011..A secondary aim was to examine the persistence of overweight and obesity...
- Dietetic management of pediatric overweight: development and description of a practical and evidence-based behavioral approachLaura Stewart
Division of Developmental Medicine, University of Glasgow, Yorkhill Hospitals, Glasgow, Scotland
J Am Diet Assoc 105:1810-5. 2005
- Exercise consultation improves short-term adherence to exercise during phase IV cardiac rehabilitation: a randomized, controlled trialAdrienne R Hughes
Center for Exercise Science and Medicine, University of Glagow, Scotland
J Cardiopulm Rehabil 22:421-5. 2002