J M Hows
Affiliation: University of Bristol
- Status of umbilical cord blood transplantation in the year 2001J M Hows
Division of Transplantation Sciences, Blue Zone A, Entrance 11, Southmead Health Services, University of Bristol, Westbury on Trym, Bristol BS10 5NB, UK
J Clin Pathol 54:428-34. 2001..At present, UCB transplantation should only be considered if a suitably matched donation contains at least 2 x 10(7)/kg nucleated cells. Effectively, this means that most adults and larger children are not suitable recipients...
- Comparison of long-term outcomes after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation from matched sibling and unrelated donorsJ M Hows
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Applied Sciences, University of the West of England, Bristol, UK
Bone Marrow Transplant 38:799-805. 2006..No long-term difference in endocrine dysfunction, secondary malignancy and major dental pathology was detected. This landmark study will assist physicians counseling patients pre-transplant and with their long-term care post transplant...
- In vitro expansion of cord blood does not prevent engraftment of severe combined immunodeficient repopulating cellsP A Denning-Kendall
Division of Transplantation Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Br J Haematol 116:218-28. 2002..Furthermore, dilution experiments strongly suggest two- to fourfold expansion of SRC in vitro. These studies are relevant for developing clinical stem cell expansion strategies...
- Incidence and specificity of HLA antibodies in multitransfused patients with acquired aplastic anemiaG J Laundy
University of Bristol, Transplantation Sciences, and Departmentof Immunology and Immunogenetics, Southmead Hospital, Bristol, United Kingdom
Transfusion 44:814-25. 2004..This study aimed to establish the prevalence and characteristics of anti-HLA in antibody acquired aplastic anemia patients following cessation of antithymocyte globulin therapy and to characterize antibody in terms of epitope specificity...
- Bone marrow transplants from mismatched related and unrelated donors for severe aplastic anemiaJ R Passweg
Department Innere Medizin, Kantonsspital, Basel, Switzerland
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:641-9. 2006..Therefore, early referral for transplantation should be encouraged for patients who fail immunosuppressive therapy and have a suitable alternative donor...