Affiliation: University Hospital Aintree
- Pharmacological therapy of Paget's and other metabolic bone diseasesDavid Hosking
Division of Mineral Metabolism, City Hospital, Nottingham NG5 1PB, UK
Bone 38:S3-7. 2006..Intermittent IV administration of potent bisphosphonates constitutes an intriguing strategy for treatment of Paget's disease and other metabolic bone diseases...
- Comparison of change in bone resorption and bone mineral density with once-weekly alendronate and daily risedronate: a randomised, placebo-controlled studyDavid Hosking
Nottingham City Hospital, David Evans Medical Research Centre, Nottingham, UK
Curr Med Res Opin 19:383-94. 2003..The study enrolled 549 postmenopausal women (ALN 219, RIS 222 and placebo (PBO) 108) who were > or =60 years of age at outpatient centres...
- Long-term control of bone turnover in Paget's disease with zoledronic acid and risedronateDavid Hosking
City Hospital, Nottingham, UK
J Bone Miner Res 22:142-8. 2007..This effect is largely independent of pretreatment disease activity and prior bisphosphonate therapy...
- Management of osteoporosis with PTH: treatment and prescription patterns in EuropeDavid Hosking
Division of Mineral Metabolism, City Hospital, Nottingham, UK
Curr Med Res Opin 25:263-70. 2009....
- Hyperparathyroidism in the elderly patientRebecca Sims
Department of Nephrology, City Hospital, Nottingham, UK
Drugs Aging 21:1013-24. 2004..These considerations mean that it is not possible to consider the merits of pharmacological therapy for primary hyperparathyroidism without reviewing the relative merits of minimally invasive and conventional surgery...
- A comparison of calcaneal dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry and calcaneal ultrasound for predicting the diagnosis of osteoporosis from hip and spine bone densitometryDerek Pearson
Nottingham City Hospital NHS Trust, University Hospital NHS Trust, Nottingham, UK
J Clin Densitom 6:345-52. 2003..7 and for QUS was -2.4. These results are similar to the manufacturer's recommendations. There is no significant difference in performance between the PIXI and QUS...
- Putting evidence-based medicine into clinical practice: comparing anti-resorptive agents for the treatment of osteoporosisLois E Wehren
University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 20:525-31. 2004..To compare the effectiveness of antiresorptive agents in reducing the risk of vertebral and non-vertebral fractures using data from published meta-analyses and the technique of adjusted indirect comparisons...
- Ten years' experience with alendronate for osteoporosis in postmenopausal womenHenry G Bone
Michigan Bone and Mineral Clinic, Detroit 48236, USA
N Engl J Med 350:1189-99. 2004..Antiresorptive agents are widely used to treat osteoporosis. We report the results of a multinational randomized, double-blind study, in which postmenopausal women with osteoporosis were treated with alendronate for up to 10 years...
- Alendronic acid produces greater effects than risedronic acid on bone density and turnover in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis : results of FACTS -internationalDavid M Reid
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK
Clin Drug Investig 26:63-74. 2006....
- Comparison of a single infusion of zoledronic acid with risedronate for Paget's diseaseIan R Reid
Department of Medicine, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
N Engl J Med 353:898-908. 2005..Zoledronic acid, a bisphosphonate administered as a single intravenous infusion, might meet these needs...
- Esophageal transit of the weekly film-coated risedronate (Actonel) placebo tablet in subjects with KyphosisAlan C Perkins
University Hospital, Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
Int J Pharm 311:20-5. 2006....