Mark A Holmes
Affiliation: University of Cambridge
- Evaluation of the evidenceMark A Holmes
Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Cambridge, Madingley Road, Cambridge CB3 0ES, UK
Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract 37:447-62. 2007..The types of errors that may lead to misinterpretation of evidence are discussed. This article includes descriptions of the main types of research performed in veterinary clinical research and notes on their advantages and disadvantages...
- Methicillin resistant S. aureus in human and bovine mastitisMark A Holmes
Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB3 0ES, UK
J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia 16:373-82. 2011..aureus and coagulase negative Staphylococcus species, which are the most common species associated with bovine intramammary infections and commonly carry antimicrobial resistance determinants...
- Whole genome sequencing identifies zoonotic transmission of MRSA isolates with the novel mecA homologue mecCEwan M Harrison
Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
EMBO Mol Med 5:509-15. 2013..See accompanying article http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/emmm.201302622...
- Incidence and characterisation of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) from nasal colonisation in participants attending a cattle veterinary conference in the UKGavin K Paterson
Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Cambridge, Madingley Road, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e68463. 2013..Contact with livestock, including dairy cattle, may still be a risk factor for human colonisation with mecC-MRSA but occurs at a rate below the lower limit of detection available in this study. ..
- A Staphylococcus xylosus isolate with a new mecC allotypeEwan M Harrison
University of Cambridge, Department of Veterinary Medicine, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 57:1524-8. 2013....
- Meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus with a novel mecA homologue in human and bovine populations in the UK and Denmark: a descriptive studyLaura García-Álvarez
Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Cambridge, UK
Lancet Infect Dis 11:595-603. 2011....
- Evidence for best veterinary practice: clinical veterinary researchMark A Holmes
J Vet Intern Med 21:671-2. 2007