Affiliation: University of Sheffield
- Ultrasonic locating devices for central venous cannulation: meta-analysisDaniel Hind
School of Health and Related Research, Regent Court, Sheffield S1 4DA
BMJ 327:361. 2003..To assess the evidence for the clinical effectiveness of ultrasound guided central venous cannulation...
- Economic analysis of the implementation of autologous transfusion technologies throughout EnglandSimon Dixon
School of Health and Related Research, University of Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 21:234-9. 2005..This study aims to provide the first estimates of the costs and effects of the large scale introduction of autologous transfusion technologies into the United Kingdom National Health Service...
- Supplemental calcium in the chemoprevention of colorectal cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysisChristopher Carroll
Health Economics and Decision Science, School of Health and Related Research, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, United Kingdom
Clin Ther 32:789-803. 2010..The aim of the review was to assess the evidence for the effectiveness of calcium in reducing the recurrence of adenomas and the occurrence of colorectal cancer among populations at high, intermediate, and low risk of the disease...
- Methodological issues in the economic analysis of cancer treatmentsPaul Tappenden
School of Health and Related Research, The University of Sheffield, Regent Court, 30 Regent Street, Sheffield S1 4DA, UK
Eur J Cancer 42:2867-75. 2006....
- A randomised controlled trial and cost-effectiveness evaluation of "booster" interventions to sustain increases in physical activity in middle-aged adults in deprived urban neighbourhoodsDaniel Hind
Clinical Trials Research Unit, University of Sheffield, Regent Court, 30 Regent Street, Sheffield S1 4DA, UK
BMC Public Health 10:3. 2010..This study assesses whether it is worth providing motivational interviews, three months after giving initial advice, to those who have become more active...
- Do health technology assessments comply with QUOROM diagram guidance? An empirical studyDaniel Hind
School of Health and Related Research ScHARR, University of Sheffield, Regent Court, 30 Regent Street, Sheffield, S1 4DA, UK
BMC Med Res Methodol 7:49. 2007..We undertook an empirical study to identify the extent of compliance in the UK Health Technology Assessment (HTA) programme...