Affiliation: University of Birmingham
- CXC chemokine ligand 16 promotes integrin-mediated adhesion of liver-infiltrating lymphocytes to cholangiocytes and hepatocytes within the inflamed human liverMathis Heydtmann
Birmingham University, Edgbaston, United Kingdom
J Immunol 174:1055-62. 2005..Thus, CXCL16 can promote lymphocyte adhesion to epithelial cells and may function to attract and retain effector cells that promote biliary and hepatocyte destruction in inflammatory liver disease...
- The nature of truth: Simpson's Paradox and the limits of statistical dataM Heydtmann
Liver Research Laboratories, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
QJM 95:247-9. 2002
- Pegylated interferon alpha-2b for patients with HCV recurrence and graft fibrosis following liver transplantationM Heydtmann
The Liver Unit, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, B15 2TH, UK
Am J Transplant 6:825-33. 2006..Post-transplant HCV patients are frequently unsuitable for, or intolerant of PEG-IFN. Liver dysfunction was a major concern...
- Detailed analysis of intrahepatic CD8 T cells in the normal and hepatitis C-infected liver reveals differences in specific populations of memory cells with distinct homing phenotypesMathis Heydtmann
Liver Research Laboratories, Medical Research Council, Centre for Immune Regulation, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
J Immunol 177:729-38. 2006..This centripetal pathway of migration would allow restimulation in lymph nodes, thereby promoting immune surveillance in normal liver and renewal of effector responses in chronic viral infection...
- Understanding selective trafficking of lymphocyte subsetsM Heydtmann
Liver Research Laboratories, MRC Centre for Immune Regulation, University of Birmingham Institute for Clinical Science, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TH
Gut 50:150-2. 2002
- Cytokines and chemokines in the immune response to hepatitis C infectionM Heydtmann
Liver Research Laboratories, University of Birmingham, Queen Elizabeth Medical Centre, Birmingham, UK
Curr Opin Infect Dis 14:279-87. 2001..In the present review, we briefly cover the important advances made in this area over the past 12 months...
- Chemokines in the immunopathogenesis of hepatitis C infectionMathis Heydtmann
NIHR Biomedical Research Unit for Liver Disease, MRC Centre for Immune Regulation, Institute of Biomedical Research, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Hepatology 49:676-88. 2009..Here we review the role of chemokines and their receptors in hepatitis C virus infection...
- Outcome of liver transplantation for patients infected by hepatitis C, including those infected by genotype 4Mohamed H Wali
Liver and Hepatobiliary Unit, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, England
Liver Transpl 9:796-804. 2003....
- TIPS for Budd-Chiari syndrome: long-term results and prognostics factors in 124 patientsJuan Carlos Garcia-Pagan
Hepatic Hemodynamic Laboratory, Liver Unit Hospital Clínic, IDIBAPS and Ciberehd, Barcelona, Spain
Gastroenterology 135:808-15. 2008..However, the influence of TIPS on patient survival and factors that predict the outcome of TIPS in BCS patients remain unknown...