Affiliation: University of Manchester
- A primary care register for impaired glucose handling (IGH): impact on cardiometabolic profileAdrian Hugh Heald
Department of Medicine, Leighton Hospital, Crewe, United Kingdom
Prim Care Diabetes 6:213-9. 2012..Here we evaluated if lifestyle and pharmacological intervention, for people at risk of diabetes, resulted in an improvement in their cardiometabolic risk profile...
- HOMA-S is associated with greater HbA1c reduction with a GLP-1 analogue in patients with type 2 diabetesA H Heald
Department of Medicine, Leighton Hospital, Crewe, UK
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 120:420-3. 2012..Patients with greater measured insulin sensitivity achieve greater reduction in HbA1c with Exenatide. Determination of insulin sensitivity may assist in guiding outcome expectation in overweight patients treated with GLP-1 analogues...
- Quantitative adjustment for macroprolactin is an integral part of laboratory assessment of hyperprolactinaemiaA H Heald
Department of Endocrinology, Leighton Hospital, Crewe, CW1 4QJ, UK
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 120:376-80. 2012..2% of sample) and 1 000 mu/L or more in women (normal range ≤ 500) (n=139, 63.8%) a macroprolactin screen was performed using PEG precipitation...
- Management of physical health in patients with schizophrenia: practical recommendationsA Heald
Leighton Hospital, Crewe, United Kingdom
Eur Psychiatry 25:S41-5. 2010..Effective implementation of strategies to optimise physical health parameters in patients with severe enduring mental illness requires engagement and communication between psychiatrists and primary care in most health settings...
- Physical health in schizophrenia: a challenge for antipsychotic therapyA Heald
Ward 7 Office, Leighton Hospital, Middlewich Road, Crewe, Cheshire CW1 4QJ, UK
Eur Psychiatry 25:S6-11. 2010..This article will review the gravity of the physical health risks facing schizophrenia patients...
- Hypogonadism secondary to hyperprolactinaemia: successful treatment but adverse consequencesR P Narayanan
Leighton Hospital, Crewe, UK, Cheshire
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 120:311-3. 2012....