Richard J Haynes
Affiliation: University of Oxford
- Campath, calcineurin inhibitor reduction and chronic allograft nephropathy (3C) study: background, rationale, and study protocolRichard Haynes
Clinical Trial Service Unit and Epidemiological Studies Unit, Richard Doll Building, Old Road Campus, Roosevelt Drive, Headington Oxford OX3 7LF, UK
Transplant Res 2:7. 2013..CNI exposure could be minimized by using more potent induction therapy or alternative maintenance therapy to remove CNIs completely. However, the safety and efficacy of such strategies are unknown...
- Myeloma kidney: improving clinical outcomes?Richard Haynes
Oxford Kidney Unit, Churchill Hospital, Oxford, United Kingdom
Adv Chronic Kidney Dis 19:342-51. 2012..Outcomes in patients with myeloma kidney do appear to be improving, but more trials are needed (some of which are in progress). There is cause for optimism for physicians and for patients suffering from this condition...
- Reassuring results with regard to the effect of donor nephrectomy on cardiovascular outcomesRichard Haynes
University of Oxford, Clinical Trial Service Unit, Oxford, UK
Nat Clin Pract Nephrol 5:126-7. 2009....
- Presentation and survival of patients with severe acute kidney injury and multiple myeloma: a 20-year experience from a single centreRichard J Haynes
Oxford Kidney Unit, Churchill Hospital, Oxford, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:419-26. 2010..Myeloma is the second most common haematological malignancy and is a cause of severe acute kidney injury (serum creatinine >or=500 micromol/L) that has long been associated with a poor prognosis, although previous series have been small...
- Serum free light chains and the risk of ESRD and death in CKDRichard Haynes
Clinical Trial Service Unit and Epidemiological Studies Unit, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 6:2829-37. 2011..We aimed to prospectively study the relevance of the adaptive immune system to ESRD and mortality by measuring monoclonal and polyclonal excesses of highly sensitive serum free light chains (sFLCs)...
- Does prophylactic anticoagulation reduce the risk of femoral tunneled dialysis catheter-related complicationsWilliam G Herrington
Oxford Kidney Unit, Churchill Hospital, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust, Headington, Oxford, UK
J Vasc Access 14:135-42. 2013....
- Simultaneous necrotizing glomerulonephritis and Hodgkin's lymphoma: a case report and review of the literatureThomas D Barbour
Oxford Kidney Unit, Churchill Hospital, Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals NHS Trust, Oxford, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:3403-8. 2011..Two years later, recrudescent lymphadenopathy was shown to be Hodgkin's lymphoma, but renal disease did not recur...
- Commentary: Controversies in NICE guidance on chronic kidney diseaseMartin J Landray
Clinical Trial Service Unit and Epidemiological Studies Unit, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 7LF
BMJ 337:a1793. 2008