Affiliation: University of Oxford
- Eliciting reasons: empirical methods in priority settingAndreas Hasman
Ethox Centre, Institute of Health Sciences, University of Oxford, Old Road Headington, Oxford OX3 7LF, United Kingdom
Health Care Anal 11:41-58. 2003..I conclude that a combination method is needed to give a comprehensive representation of values in priority setting and thus to meet the overall objectives of empirical ethics...
- Nicotine conjugate vaccine: is there a right to a smoking future?A Hasman
The Ethox Centre, University of Oxford, Old Road, Oxford OX3 7L, UK
J Med Ethics 30:344-5. 2004..Allowing parents to immunise their children against smoking could be an infringement of children's right to an open future, however, and is not ethically unproblematic..
- An inquiry into the principles of needs-based allocation of health careTony Hope
The Ethox Centre, Department of Public Health and Primary Health Care, University of Oxford, Headington, UK
Bioethics 24:470-80. 2010..These common features are problematic for the concept of need. We outline various approaches to prioritization on the basis of need and argue that some approaches are more promising than others...
- Health care need: three interpretationsAndreas Hasman
Green College, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
J Appl Philos 23:145-56. 2006..We discuss combined interpretations, the meaning of grading needs, and compare needs-based priority setting to social welfare maximisation...
- Accountability for reasonableness: opening the black box of processAndreas Hasman
Picker Institute Europe, Head Office, King s Mead House, Oxpens Road, Oxford OX1 1RX
Health Care Anal 13:261-73. 2005....
- The accountability problem of the National Institute for Health and Clinical ExcellenceAndreas Hasman
Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain
Med Law 27:83-93. 2008....