E L Harvey
Affiliation: University of Leeds
- A randomised trial of an Internet weight control resource: the UK Weight Control Trial [ISRCTN58621669]Sara F L Kirk
Nutrition Epidemiology Group, Nuffield Institute for Health, University of Leeds, 71 75 Clarendon Road, Leeds, LS2 9PL, UK
BMC Health Serv Res 3:19. 2003..The project aims to deliver high quality information to the patient and to evaluate the effectiveness of this information, both in terms of weight loss outcomes and cost-effectiveness...
- The Internet for weight control in an obese sample: results of a randomised controlled trialAine McConnon
Food, Consumer Behaviour and Health Research Centre, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, UK
BMC Health Serv Res 7:206. 2007..This study aims to determine the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of an Internet-based resource for obesity management...
- Dietitians' views of overweight and obese people and reported management practicesE L Harvey
Centre for Research in Primary Care, Nuffield Institute, Leeds, UK
J Hum Nutr Diet 15:331-47. 2002..obesity), and to explore the relationship between dietitians' views and their reported weight management practices...
- Spinal manipulation for low-back pain: a treatment package agreed to by the UK chiropractic, osteopathy and physiotherapy professional associationsE Harvey
Department of Health Sciences, Alcuin College, University of York, York, UK
Man Ther 8:46-51. 2003..The resulting package is 'pragmatic', in that it represents what happens to most people undergoing manipulation, and 'explanatory' in that it excludes discipline-specific variations and other ancillary treatments...
- A systematic review of interventions to improve health professionals' management of obesityE L Harvey
Department of Health Sciences and Clinical Evaluation, Alcuin College, University of York, UK
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 23:1213-22. 1999..To determine the existence and effectiveness of interventions to improve health professionals' management of obesity or the organisation of care for overweight and obese people...
- Health professionals' views of overweight people and smokersE L Harvey
Department of Health Sciences and Clinical Evaluation, Alcuin College, University of York, York, UK
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25:1253-61. 2001..To examine health professionals' views of overweight people, to compare these to their views of smokers, and to explore the role of level of severity on these perceptions...
- Can peer educators influence healthy eating in people with diabetes? Results of a randomized controlled trialJ E Cade
Nutritional Epidemiology Group, Centre for Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
Diabet Med 26:1048-54. 2009..To assess whether the Expert Patient Programme (EPP), adapted for people with Type 2 diabetes, can be used to promote healthy eating to improve glycaemic control...
- An updated systematic review of interventions to improve health professionals' management of obesityE L Harvey
Department of Health Sciences and Clinical Evaluation, Alcuin College, University of York, York YO10 5DD, UK
Obes Rev 3:45-55. 2002..It is available on CD ROM from Update Software. For further information see: http://www.update-software.com/cochrane...