R C Harris
Affiliation: University College Chichester
- The absorption of orally supplied beta-alanine and its effect on muscle carnosine synthesis in human vastus lateralisR C Harris
School of Sports, Exercise and Health Sciences, University College Chichester, West Sussex, Chichester, UK
Amino Acids 30:279-89. 2006..2 and II) 6.4 g . d(-1) beta-alanine (as multiple doses of 400 or 800 mg) or III) L-carnosine (isomolar to II) for 4 w resulted in significant increases in muscle carnosine estimated at 42.1, 64.2 and 65.8%...
- Influence of beta-alanine supplementation on skeletal muscle carnosine concentrations and high intensity cycling capacityC A Hill
School of Sports, Exercise and Health Sciences, University of Chichester, Chichester, UK
Amino Acids 32:225-33. 2007..0%); with a further +3.2% increase at 10 wks. TWD was unchanged at 4 and 10 wks in the control subjects. The increase in TWD with supplementation followed the increase in muscle carnosine...
- Effect of creatine supplementation and sleep deprivation, with mild exercise, on cognitive and psychomotor performance, mood state, and plasma concentrations of catecholamines and cortisolT McMorris
Centre for Sports Science and Medicine, University College Chichester, College Lane, Chichester, West Sussex PO19 6PE, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 185:93-103. 2006..Therefore, creatine supplementation should lessen the negative effects of sleep deprivation...
- Creatine supplementation, sleep deprivation, cortisol, melatonin and behaviorT McMorris
Centre for Sports Science and Medicine, University of Chichester, College Lane, Chichester, West Sussex PO19 6PE, UK
Physiol Behav 90:21-8. 2007..01) lower than in the other conditions. It was concluded that, during sleep deprivation with moderate-intensity exercise, creatine supplementation only affects performance of complex central executive tasks...
- Metabolic and physiological effects of ingesting extracts of bitter orange, green tea and guarana at rest and during treadmill walking in overweight malesC Sale
School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences, University of Chichester, College Lane, West Sussex, UK
Int J Obes (Lond) 30:764-73. 2006....
- Effects of beta-alanine supplementation on the onset of neuromuscular fatigue and ventilatory threshold in womenJ R Stout
Department of Health and Exercise Science, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK 73019 6081, USA
Amino Acids 32:381-6. 2007..In conclusion, beta-alanine supplementation appears to improve submaximal cycle ergometry performance and TTE in young women, perhaps as a result of an increased buffering capacity due to elevated muscle carnosine concentrations...
- Effects of cool and hot humid environmental conditions on neuroendocrine responses of horses to treadmill exerciseR J Williams
Institute for Rural Studies, University of Wales, Llanbadarn Fawr, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, SY23 3AL, UK
Vet J 164:54-63. 2002..The use of plasma cortisol as a specific indicator of heat stress and thermal tolerance before or after acclimation in exercising horses appears limited...