R C Harrington
Affiliation: University of Manchester
- Randomized trial of a home-based family intervention for children who have deliberately poisoned themselvesR Harrington
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Royal Manchester Children s Hospital, Pendlebury, England
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 37:512-8. 1998....
- Systematic review of efficacy of cognitive behaviour therapies in childhood and adolescent depressive disorderR Harrington
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Royal Manchester Children s Hospital, Manchester M27 1HA
BMJ 316:1559-63. 1998..To determine whether cognitive behaviour therapy is an effective treatment for childhood and adolescent depressive disorder...
- Psychological treatment of depression in children and adolescents. A review of treatment researchR Harrington
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Royal Manchester Children s Hospital, Manchester
Br J Psychiatry 173:291-8. 1998..This paper reviews research on the psychological treatment of depression in children...
- Developing needs led child and adolescent mental health services: issues and prospectsR C Harrington
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Royal Manchester Children s Hospital, Pendlebury, United Kingdom
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 8:1-10. 1999..At an individual level we know quite a lot about the efficacy of treatment and the measurement of outcomes. At the service level, several models of good practice are being specified and evaluated...
- Randomised comparison of the effectiveness and costs of community and hospital based mental health services for children with behavioural disordersR Harrington
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Manchester, Manchester M27 4HA, UK
BMJ 321:1047-50. 2000..To test the hypothesis that a community based intervention by secondary child and adolescent mental health services would be significantly more effective and less costly than a hospital based intervention...
- Annotation: randomised trialsRichard C Harrington
University of Manchester, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 43:695-704. 2002..This annotation describes the uses of randomised controlled trials (RCTs) in clinical child psychology and psychiatry...
- Psychosocial needs of boys in secure care for serious or persistent offendingR C Harrington
University of Manchester and Central Manchester and Manchester Children's Hospitals, Manchester, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 46:859-66. 2005..The mental health needs of this group are not, however, static but change over time and with changing circumstances. Services need to be designed to meet these changing needs...
- Mental health needs of boys in secure care for serious or persistent offending: a prospective, longitudinal studyL Kroll
Manchester Children's Trust, Manchester, UK
Lancet 359:1975-9. 2002..During the admission period, secure care units address some domains of need, but others remain unchanged or get worse. Psychological and psychiatric provision in secure units need to be improved...