S J Harland
Affiliation: University College London
- Chemotherapy for hormone-resistant prostate cancer: Where are we today?Tomas Buchler
Department of Oncology, University College London Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Indian J Urol 23:55-60. 2007..Results of a recent trial suggest that the survival benefit may have been underestimated as a result of crossover from the less active to the active arm...
- Effect of abiraterone acetate treatment on the quality of life of patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer after failure of docetaxel chemotherapyStephen Harland
UCL Cancer Institute, London, UK Electronic address
Eur J Cancer 49:3648-57. 2013..Here we report on the impact of abiraterone therapy on the health-related quality of life (HRQoL) observed during this trial, assessed using the validated Functional Assessment of Cancer Therapy-Prostate (FACT-P) questionnaire...
- A randomized trial of radical radiotherapy for the management of pT1G3 NXM0 transitional cell carcinoma of the bladderS J Harland
Institute of Urology and Department of Oncology, University College London, London, UK
J Urol 178:807-13; discussion 813. 2007....
- Inheritance and testicular cancerP W Nicholson
Department of Oncology, University College London Medical School, UK
Br J Cancer 71:421-6. 1995..One-third of all testis cancer patients are genetically predisposed to the disease. 4. The 2.2% risk to brothers of cases as reported elsewhere can be accounted for by the homozygous (recessive) inheritance of a single predisposing gene...
- International phase III trial assessing neoadjuvant cisplatin, methotrexate, and vinblastine chemotherapy for muscle-invasive bladder cancer: long-term results of the BA06 30894 trialGareth Griffiths
Medical Research Council Clinical Trials Unit, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 29:2171-7. 2011..Nine hundred seventy-six patients were recruited between 1989 and 1995, and median follow-up is now 8.0 years...
- Cisplatin neurotoxicity in the treatment of metastatic germ cell tumour: time course and prognosisM von Schlippe
Department of Oncology, University College, London, WIN 8AA, UK
Br J Cancer 85:823-6. 2001..009) and significant improvement between 3 and 12 months after chemotherapy (P = 0.038). Sural nerve sensory action potentials and conduction velocities were unhelpful...
- A second look at the pT1 G3 bladder tumourS J Harland
Department of Oncology, Institute of Urology, University College London, UK
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 17:498-502. 2005..Identification of patients at extra high risk of progression is desirable. Tumour size, the co-existence of carcinoma in situ and early tumour recurrence may be prognostic indicators, but the data are at present insufficient...
- Epirubicin carboplatin and 5-fluorouracil (ECarboF) chemotherapy in metastatic hormone refractory prostate cancerA J Birtle
The Meyerstein Institute of Oncology, The Middlesex Hospital, Mortimer Street, London W1N 8AA, UK
Br J Cancer 91:1472-6. 2004..While similar responses have been documented for systemic cytotoxic-steroid combinations, the responses in this study are likely to reflect the activity of cytotoxic drugs alone...
- Adjuvant bleomycin, vincristine and cisplatin (BOP) for high-risk stage I non-seminomatous germ cell tumours: a prospective trial (MRC TE17)D P Dearnaley
Academic Radiotherapy, Institute of Cancer Research and Royal Marsden Hospital, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5PT, UK
Br J Cancer 92:2107-13. 2005..There are no clearcut advantages to 2 x BOP over 2 x BEP, except for patients who wish to maximise the chance of avoiding significant alopecia...