L K Hansen
Affiliation: University of Southampton
- Significant difference in knowledge between English and Danish psychiatristsLars Hansen
Department of Psychiatry, University of Southampton, Brintons Terrace, Southampton SO14 0YG, UK
Eur Psychiatry 20:287-90. 2005..This is important in the context of the free (and growing) movement of the medical workforce across European Union (EU) countries' borders...
- Fluoxetine dose-increment related akathisia in depression: implications for clinical care, recognition and management of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor-induced akathisiaLars Hansen
Department of Psychiatry, Royal South Hants, Southampton, UK
J Psychopharmacol 17:451-2. 2003..The clinical implications are discussed. A management strategy based on the evidence in the existing literature is suggested...
- Akathisia--seen from the patients' perspectiveL K Hansen
Hampshire Partnership Trust, Fordingbridge Bridge Wing, Fordingbridge, Hants, UK
J Psychopharmacol 22:572-3. 2008..This case series illustrates different views that patients take on medication induced side-effects...
- Movement disorders in patients with schizophrenia and a history of substance abuseLars K Hansen
Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust, Southampton, UK
Hum Psychopharmacol 28:192-7. 2013..Previous studies have indicated that substance abuse in patients with schizophrenia can worsen EPS. This study therefore investigated the relationship between drug and alcohol use and EPS in a group of patients with schizophrenia...
- Rating suicidality in schizophrenia: items on global scales (HoNOS and CPRS) correlate with a validated suicidality rating scale (InterSePT)Lars Hansen
University of Southampton, Department of Psychiatry, Royal South Hants Hospital, Southampton, UK
Arch Suicide Res 10:249-52. 2006..The findings allow for use of the suicidality items in clinical assessments and re-investigation of suicidality of other studies where these general rating scales have been used...
- No association between akathisia or Parkinsonism and suicidality in treatment-resistant SchizophreniaLars Hansen
Department of Psychiatry, University of Southampton Royal South Hants, Hospital, Southampton, UK
J Psychopharmacol 18:384-7. 2004..At no time point was there any significant relationship between akathisia and depression/suicidality or distress associated with akathisia and Parkinsonism with suicidality. These preliminary findings warrant further investigation...
- A systematic review of suicide rating scales in schizophreniaEmma Preston
Department of Psychiatry, Southampton, UK
Crisis 26:170-80. 2005..Suicide in patients with schizophrenia remains a pressing problem in the treatment of this high-risk group...
- Cognitive behavioral therapy reduces suicidal ideation in schizophrenia: results from a randomized controlled trialKaty Bateman
University of Newcastle, UK
Suicide Life Threat Behav 37:284-90. 2007..Further research is required to substantiate these findings and determine the process and mechanisms through which this reduction is achieved...
- Blue eye color in humans may be caused by a perfectly associated founder mutation in a regulatory element located within the HERC2 gene inhibiting OCA2 expressionHans Eiberg
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Section IV Build 24 4, Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 3b, 2200, Copenhagen, Denmark
Hum Genet 123:177-87. 2008..In addition, an LOD score of Z = 4.21 between hair color and D14S72 was obtained in the large family, indicating that RABGGTA is a candidate gene for hair color...
- Schizophrenia can and should be renamedDavid G Kingdon
BMJ 334:221-2. 2007
- The functional Pro129Thr variant of the FAAH gene is not associated with various fat accumulation phenotypes in a population-based cohort of 5,801 whitesDorit P Jensen
Steno Diabetes Center, Niels Steensens Vej 2, 2820, Gentofte, Denmark
J Mol Med (Berl) 85:445-9. 2007..In conclusion, in a large study sample, we were unable to find robust evidence of an association of the Pro129Thr FAAH variant with overweight, obesity, and any related quantitative traits among the examined whites...
- Consistency in suicide rates in twenty-two developed countries by gender over time 1874--78, 1974--76, and 1998--2000Lars Hansen
Centre Hospitalier Neuropsychiatric, Ettelbruck, Luxembourg
Arch Suicide Res 12:251-62. 2008..This consistency suggests a certain national "suicide tradition" based on a complex interaction between cultural, sociological, recording/administrative, and genetic factors...
- Low physical activity accentuates the effect of the FTO rs9939609 polymorphism on body fat accumulationCamilla H Andreasen
Steno Diabetes Center, Niels Steensens Vej 1, NLC2 13, DK 2820 Gentofte, Denmark
Diabetes 57:95-101. 2008..In the present study, the effect of FTO variation on metabolic traits including obesity, type 2 diabetes, and related quantitative phenotypes was examined...
- Child, adolescent and youth suicide and undetermined deaths in England and Wales compared with Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan and the USA for the 1974-1999 periodColin Pritchard
Institute of Health and Community Studies, Bournemouth University, Royal London House, Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Int J Adolesc Med Health 17:239-53. 2005..Country-specific research is required to determine, why Anglo-Welsh adolescent and youth rates have deteriorated relative to other countries...
- Evidence for an association between the Leu162Val polymorphism of the PPARalpha gene and decreased fasting serum triglyceride levels in glucose tolerant subjectsEva Maria D Nielsen
Steno Diabetes Center and Hagedorn Research Institute, Gentofte, Copenhagen, Denmark
Pharmacogenetics 13:417-23. 2003..In conclusion, the Leu162Val polymorphism of PPARalpha is associated with a decreased level of fasting serum triglyceride in glucose tolerant white subjects...
- Novel Connexin 43 (GJA1) mutation causes oculo-dento-digital dysplasia with curly hairKlaus W Kjaer
Wilhelm Johannsen Centre for Functional Genome Research, The Panum Institute Building 24 4, Department of Medical Genetics, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 3b, 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
Am J Med Genet A 127:152-7. 2004..We provide an easy method for mutation detection by use of the restriction enzyme Nde1 and discuss possible pathogenetic mechanisms, arguing that loss of function cannot be excluded. This is the second article reporting ODDD mutations...
- Comparison of suicide in people aged 65-74 and 75+ by gender in England and Wales and the major Western countries 1979-1999Colin Pritchard
Institute of Health and Community Studies, Bournemouth University, Royal London House, Bournemouth BH1 3LT, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 20:17-25. 2005..As a number of Governments have targets to reduce suicide levels we compare elderly suicide rates over a 20-year period in England and Wales. And the major Western countries focusing upon age and gender...
- Mapping of hereditary trichilemmal cyst (TRICY1) to chromosome 3p24-p21.2 and exclusion of beta-CATENIN and MLH1Hans Eiberg
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Genetics, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Am J Med Genet A 133:44-7. 2005..69; theta(M = F) = 0.08) spanning 10.3 Mb on chromosome 3p24-p21.2. We sequenced two candidate genes previously reported in inherited hair defects, CTNNB1 and MLH1 but failed to detect mutations in exons and intron-exon bounders...
- Studies of variations of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1C and the cyclin-dependent kinase 4 genes in relation to type 2 diabetes mellitus and related quantitative traitsEva Maria D Nielsen
Steno Diabetes Center and Hagedorn Research Institute, Gentofte, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Mol Med (Berl) 83:353-61. 2005..02) and altered fasting plasma glucose (P=0.03). However, these later findings could not be replicated in additional studies. In conclusion, variants in CDKN1C may contribute to the inter-individual variation in birth weight...
- [Pharmacogenetic/regulatory aspects seen from the viewpoint of the industry]Lars Hansen
Novo Nordisk A S, Måløv
Ugeskr Laeger 167:2160-4. 2005
- Mutation analysis of the WFS1 gene in seven Danish Wolfram syndrome families; four new mutations identifiedLars Hansen
The Wilhelm Johannsen Centre for Functional Genome Research, Institute of Medical Biochemistry and Genetics, Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen N, Denmark
Eur J Hum Genet 13:1275-84. 2005..In contrast, diabetes insipidus was present in two subjects only. Various degrees and types of hearing impairment were diagnosed in six individuals and cataract was observed in five subjects...
- A 72-year-old Danish puzzle resolved--comparative analysis of phenotypes in families with different-sized HOXD13 polyalanine expansionsKlaus W Kjaer
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Genetics, Wilhelm Johannsen Centre for Functional Genome Research, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Am J Med Genet A 138:328-39. 2005..Thus, our data have added evidence to the phenotype-genotype correlation previously reported, which was further extended to include lesser involvement of bones in ray 1, 2, and 5...
- Pulmonary embolism and severe depressionDanilo Arnone
Am J Psychiatry 159:873-4. 2002