Muzlifah A Haniffa
Affiliation: University of Newcastle
- NBCCS secondary to an interstitial chromosome 9q deletionM A Haniffa
Department of Dermatology, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Clin Exp Dermatol 29:542-4. 2004..The NBCCS phenotype in our patient occurred as a result of PTCH1 deletion in contrast with an inherited mutation of this gene...
- Cutaneous extramedullary hemopoiesis in chronic myeloproliferative and myelodysplastic disordersMuzlifah A Haniffa
Department of Dermatology, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
J Am Acad Dermatol 55:S28-31. 2006..The diagnosis should be considered in any patient with chronic myeloproliferative or myelodysplastic disease who develops a skin rash...
- Painful leg ulcers and a rash in a patient with polycythaemia rubra vera. Diagnosis: hydroxyurea-induced leg ulceration and dermatomyositis-like skin changesM A Haniffa
Department of Dermatology, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
Clin Exp Dermatol 31:733-4. 2006
- The use of a spectrophotometric intracutaneous analysis device in the real-time diagnosis of melanoma in the setting of a melanoma screening clinicM A Haniffa
Department of Dermatology and Regional Medical Physics Department, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Br J Dermatol 156:1350-2. 2007..Skin imaging devices to aid melanoma diagnosis have been developed in recent years but few have been assessed clinically...
- Regulatory T-cell suppression of CD8+ T-cell-mediated graft-versus-host reaction requires their presence during primingXiao Nong Wang
Institute of Cellular Medicine, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4HH, United Kingdom
Transplantation 88:188-97. 2009..It is also unknown whether Treg modulation of GVH histopathologic damage relies on their presence during effector T-cell priming, or whether allogeneic Treg are safe to use clinically...
- Bronchial epithelial cells cultured from clinically stable lung allograft patients promote the development of macrophages from monocytes rather than dendritic cellsC Ward
Institute of Cellular Medicine, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Thorax 64:430-5. 2009..This study focused on the ex vivo influence of primary bronchial epithelial cells derived from lung allografts on DC differentiation...
- Adult human fibroblasts are potent immunoregulatory cells and functionally equivalent to mesenchymal stem cellsMuzlifah A Haniffa
Hematological Sciences, Institute of Cellular Medicine, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
J Immunol 179:1595-604. 2007..These results suggest that immunosuppression is a general property of stromal cells and that dermal Fb may provide an alternative and accessible source of cellular therapy...
- Differential regulation of naïve and memory CD4+ T cells by alternatively activated dendritic cellsAmy E Anderson
Musculoskeletal Research Group, Institute of Cellular Medicine, 4th Floor Catherine Cookson Building, Medical School, Newcastle University, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4HH, UK
J Leukoc Biol 84:124-33. 2008..Our finding that aaDC differentially regulate naïve and memory T cells is important for understanding and maximizing the therapeutic potential of aaDC...