Andrew M Hall
Affiliation: University College London
- Multiphoton imaging reveals differences in mitochondrial function between nephron segmentsAndrew M Hall
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, UK
J Am Soc Nephrol 20:1293-302. 2009..In summary, there are axial differences in mitochondrial function along the nephron, which may contribute to the pattern and pathophysiology of some forms of renal injury...
- The not so 'mighty chondrion': emergence of renal diseases due to mitochondrial dysfunctionAndrew M Hall
Centre for Nephrology and Department of Physiology Epithelial Transport and Cell Biology Group, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, UK
Nephron Physiol 105:p1-10. 2007..Unfortunately, at present, our ability to diagnose and treat renal disorders related to mitochondrial dysfunction is limited, and further work in this field is needed...
- Tenofovir-associated kidney toxicity in HIV-infected patients: a review of the evidenceAndrew M Hall
UCL Centre for Nephrology, Royal Free Campus, University College London, London, UK
Am J Kidney Dis 57:773-80. 2011....
- Update on tenofovir toxicity in the kidneyAndrew M Hall
UCL Centre for Nephrology, Royal Free Hospital, Rowland Hill Street, London, NW3 2PF, UK
Pediatr Nephrol 28:1011-23. 2013..Finally, strategies have been proposed to prevent TFV toxicity or enhance recovery...
- In vivo multiphoton imaging of mitochondrial structure and function during acute kidney injuryAndrew M Hall
University College London Centre for Nephrology, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Kidney Int 83:72-83. 2013..Thus, real-time changes in mitochondrial structure and function can be imaged in rodent kidneys in vivo using multiphoton excitation of endogenous and exogenous fluorophores in response to ischemia-reperfusion injury or drug toxicity...
- Multiphoton imaging of the functioning kidneyAndrew M Hall
University College London Centre for Nephrology, Royal Free Hospital, Rowland Hill Street, London NW3 2PF, United Kingdom
J Am Soc Nephrol 22:1297-304. 2011..This study demonstrates that multiphoton microscopy of the isolated perfused kidney is a powerful technique for detailed imaging of cell structure and function in an intact organ...
- Albumin uptake in OK cells exposed to rotenone: a model for studying the effects of mitochondrial dysfunction on endocytosis in the proximal tubule?A M Hall
Centre for Nephrology, University of London, London, UK
Nephron Physiol 115:p9-p19. 2010..As the mechanism that couples mitochondrial dysfunction to impaired PT low-molecular weight protein uptake is unknown, we investigated the effect of respiratory chain (RC) inhibitors on endocytosis of FITC-albumin in PT-derived OK cells...
- Subclinical tubular injury in HIV-infected individuals on antiretroviral therapy: a cross-sectional analysisAndrew M Hall
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University College of London, London, UK
Am J Kidney Dis 54:1034-42. 2009..It is unclear whether spot urine protein- or albumin-creatinine ratio is a sufficiently sensitive screening test to detect subclinical renal tubular toxicity in patients with HIV...
- Renal function and mitochondrial cytopathy (MC): more questions than answers?A M Hall
Department of Physiology, University College London, London, UK
QJM 101:755-66. 2008....
- IF(1): setting the pace of the F(1)F(o)-ATP synthaseMichelangelo Campanella
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University College London, UK
Trends Biochem Sci 34:343-50. 2009..Emerging research suggests that IF(1) has a wider ranging impact on mitochondrial structure and function than previously thought...