Affiliation: University of Leicester
- Single-step QuantiFERON screening of adult contacts: a prospective cohort study of tuberculosis riskPranabashis Haldar
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Institute for Lung Health, Glenfield Hospital, Leicester, UK
Thorax 68:240-6. 2013..The efffectiveness of tuberculosis (TB) contact screening programmes using interferon γ release assays remains uncertain as prospective contact TB risk is not well characterised...
- Cluster analysis and clinical asthma phenotypesPranab Haldar
Institute for Lung Health, Glenfield Hospital, Leicester LE39QP, UK
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 178:218-24. 2008..Heterogeneity in asthma expression is multidimensional, including variability in clinical, physiologic, and pathologic parameters. Classification requires consideration of these disparate domains in a unified model...
- Quantitative analysis of high-resolution computed tomography scans in severe asthma subphenotypesSumit Gupta
Institute for Lung Health, Department of Infection, Inflammation and Immunity, University of Leicester, Leicester LE3 9QP, UK
Thorax 65:775-81. 2010..The aim of this study was to assess whether airway remodelling is restricted to specific subphenotypes of severe asthma...
- Eosinophil protein in airway macrophages: a novel biomarker of eosinophilic inflammation in patients with asthmaNeeta S Kulkarni
Institute for Lung Health, Glenfield Hospital, Groby Road, Leicester LE3 9QP, United Kingdom
J Allergy Clin Immunol 126:61-9.e3. 2010....
- Ciliary dysfunction and ultrastructural abnormalities are features of severe asthmaBiju Thomas
Institute for Lung Health, Department of Infection, Immunity and Inflammation, University of Leicester, Leicester, United Kingdom
J Allergy Clin Immunol 126:722-729.e2. 2010..Epithelial dysfunction has been implicated in asthma pathophysiology, but no studies have directly assessed ciliary function in asthma...
- Qualitative analysis of high-resolution CT scans in severe asthmaSumit Gupta
Institute for Lung Health, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
Chest 136:1521-8. 2009..We sought to describe the HRCT scan abnormalities of a large severe asthma cohort and to determine the utility of clinical features to direct the use of HRCT scanning in this group of patients...
- Noneosinophilic asthma: a distinct clinical and pathologic phenotypePranab Haldar
Institute for Lung Health, Department of Respiratory Medicine, Glenfield Hospital, Leicester, UK
J Allergy Clin Immunol 119:1043-52; quiz 1053-4. 2007..We particularly highlight evidence that noneosinophilic asthma is associated with a reduced short-term and long-term response to corticosteroid therapy...