Affiliation: University College London
- Expression and characterization of GSK-3 mutants and their effect on beta-catenin phosphorylation in intact cellsThilo Hagen
Systems Research Kinase Biology Discovery Research, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals, Harlow, Essex, CM19 5AD, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 277:23330-5. 2002....
- Characterisation of the phosphorylation of beta-catenin at the GSK-3 priming site Ser45Thilo Hagen
The Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 294:324-8. 2002..Priming of GSK-3 dependent phosphorylation of beta-catenin by a different kinase could have important implications for the regulation of Wnt signalling...
- FRAT1, a substrate-specific regulator of glycogen synthase kinase-3 activity, is a cellular substrate of protein kinase AThilo Hagen
Discovery Research Biology, Neurology Centre of Excellence in Drug Discovery, Computational, Analytical, and Structural Sciences, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals, Harlow, Essex CM19 5AD, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 281:35021-9. 2006..In conclusion, PKA phosphorylates FRAT1 in vitro as well as in intact cells and may play a role in regulating the inhibitory activity of FRAT1 toward GSK-3...
- Redistribution of intracellular oxygen in hypoxia by nitric oxide: effect on HIF1alphaThilo Hagen
Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Science 302:1975-8. 2003..Thus, the signaling consequences of hypoxia may be profoundly modified by nitric oxide...
- Inhibition of cellular respiration by endogenously produced carbon monoxideGabriela D'Amico
Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research, University College London, UK
J Cell Sci 119:2291-8. 2006..Inhibition of cell respiration by endogenous CO through its interaction with cytochrome c oxidase might have an important role in inflammatory and hypoxic conditions...
- Inhibition of mitochondrial respiration by the anticancer agent 2-methoxyestradiolThilo Hagen
The Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 322:923-9. 2004..Since these actions of 2ME2 occur at higher concentrations than those known to inhibit cell proliferation, it remains to be established whether they contribute to its therapeutic effect...
- Signalling activity of beta-catenin targeted to different subcellular compartmentsThilo Hagen
Wolfson Digestive Diseases Centre, University Hospital, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
Biochem J 379:471-7. 2004..Our results suggest that cytosolic accumulation of beta-catenin is a prerequisite for the activation of TCF/LEF-dependent transcription in the nucleus...
- Substrate-mediated regulation of cullin neddylationEng Hui Chew
Wolfson Digestive Diseases Centre, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2UH, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 282:17032-40. 2007..These findings suggest a mechanism through which availability of substrate recognition subunits and substrates can regulate the ubiquitin ligase activity...