Peter M Haddad
Affiliation: University of Manchester
- Adverse effects of atypical antipsychotics : differential risk and clinical implicationsPeter M Haddad
Cromwell House Community Mental Health Centre, Manchester, England
CNS Drugs 21:911-36. 2007..Selection of an antipsychotic should be on an individual patient basis. Patients should be involved in prescribing decisions and this should involve discussion about adverse effects...
- What works in schizophrenia: depot preparations may improve outcomesPeter M Haddad
BMJ 333:353. 2006
- Neurological complications of psychiatric drugs: clinical features and managementPeter M Haddad
Neuroscience and Psychiatry Unit, School of Psychiatry and Behavioural Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Hum Psychopharmacol 23:15-26. 2008..Their occurrence needs to be balanced against the benefits of psychiatric drugs in terms of efficacy and improved quality of life in a range of disorders...
- Antipsychotic-related QTc prolongation, torsade de pointes and sudden deathPeter M Haddad
Bolton, Salford and Trafford Mental Health Partnership, Eccles, Salford, UK
Drugs 62:1649-71. 2002..It seems prudent, where possible, to select antipsychotics that are not associated with marked QTc prolongation. If use of a QTc-prolonging drug is warranted, then measures to reduce the risk should be adopted...
- Antipsychotics and diabetes: review of non-prospective dataPeter M Haddad
Cromwell House, Bolton, Salford and Trafford Mental Health NHS Trust, Cromwell Road, Eccles, Salford M30 0GT, UK
Br J Psychiatry Suppl 47:S80-6. 2004..CONCLUSIONS: Retrospective data are of limited value. Well-designed prospective studies, which account for potential confounders, are needed to investigate the true association between antipsychotic medications and diabetes...
- Antipsychotic-induced hyperprolactinaemia: mechanisms, clinical features and managementPeter M Haddad
Bolton, Salford and Trafford Mental Health NHS Trust, Salford, UK
Drugs 64:2291-314. 2004..Appropriate investigations and effective management should reduce the burden of adverse effects and prevent long-term consequences...
- Adverse effects of antipsychotics as outcome measuresSamantha Hamer
Bolton, Salford and Trafford Mental Health NHS Trust, UK
Br J Psychiatry Suppl 50:s64-70. 2007..Antipsychotic drugs are associated with adverse effects that can lead to poor medication adherence, stigma, distress and impaired quality of life...
- Improving drug safety and tolerability in psychiatric clinical practicePeter M Haddad
Consultant Psychiatrist, Bolton Salford and Trafford Mental Health NHS Trust, UK
Hum Psychopharmacol 23:S1-2. 2008