Gillian M Griffiths
Affiliation: University of Cambridge
- Griffiths G. Gaucher disease: forging a new path to the lysosome. Cell. 2007;131:647-9 pubmed..They show that beta-glucocerebrosidase-the lysosomal enzyme defective in patients with Gaucher disease-is delivered to the lysosome through its interaction with the transmembrane protein LIMP-2. ..
- Stinchcombe J, Griffiths G. Communication, the centrosome and the immunological synapse. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2014;369: pubmed publisher..The features observed at the immunological synapse show parallels to centrosome (basal body) polarization seen in cilia and flagella, and the cellular communication that is now known to occur at all of these sites. ..
- Cetica V, Hackmann Y, Grieve S, Sieni E, Ciambotti B, Coniglio M, et al. Patients with Griscelli syndrome and normal pigmentation identify RAB27A mutations that selectively disrupt MUNC13-4 binding. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2015;135:1310-8.e1 pubmed publisher..These studies highlight the need for RAB27A sequencing in patients with FHL with normal pigmentation and identify a critical binding site for Munc13-4 on Rab27a, revealing the molecular basis of this interaction. ..
- Ritter A, Asano Y, Stinchcombe J, Dieckmann N, Chen B, Gawden Bone C, et al. Actin depletion initiates events leading to granule secretion at the immunological synapse. Immunity. 2015;42:864-76 pubmed publisher..These data resolve the temporal order of events during synapse maturation in 4D and reveal a critical role for actin depletion in regulating secretion. ..
- Stinchcombe J, Randzavola L, Angus K, Mantell J, Verkade P, Griffiths G. Mother Centriole Distal Appendages Mediate Centrosome Docking at the Immunological Synapse and Reveal Mechanistic Parallels with Ciliogenesis. Curr Biol. 2015;25:3239-44 pubmed publisher..We propose that this transient centrosome docking without cilia formation is important for CTLs to deliver rapid, repeated polarized secretion directed by the centrosome. ..
- Dieckmann N, Frazer G, Asano Y, Stinchcombe J, Griffiths G. The cytotoxic T lymphocyte immune synapse at a glance. J Cell Sci. 2016;129:2881-6 pubmed publisher....
- Frazer G, Asano Y, Griffiths G. Imaging the Effector CD8 Synapse. Methods Mol Biol. 2017;1584:473-486 pubmed publisher..Here, we describe 4D imaging of effector CD8+ T cells as they conjugate and kill live targets in vitro and analyze the polarization dynamics of intracellular compartments to this cell-cell interface. ..