Affiliation: University of Cambridge
- Rationale and design of the ADDITION-Leicester study, a systematic screening programme and randomised controlled trial of multi-factorial cardiovascular risk intervention in people with type 2 diabetes mellitus detected by screeningD R Webb
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester, UK
Trials 11:16. 2010..Here we describe the rationale and methods of a systematic community screening programme and randomised controlled trial of cardiovascular risk management within a UK multiethnic setting (ADDITION-Leicester)...
- The impact of individualised cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk estimates and lifestyle advice on physical activity in individuals at high risk of CVD: a pilot 2 x 2 factorial understanding risk trialHermione C Price
Diabetes Trials Unit, Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Oxford, Oxford, OX3 7LJ, UK
Cardiovasc Diabetol 7:21. 2008..This study has been designed to determine if personalised CVD risk appreciation can increase physical activity in adults at high risk of CVD...
- The ProActive trial protocol - a randomised controlled trial of the efficacy of a family-based, domiciliary intervention programme to increase physical activity among individuals at high risk of diabetes [ISRCTN61323766]Kate Williams
General Practice and Primary Care Research Unit, Department of Public Health and Primary Care, Institute of Public Health, Forvie Site, Robinson Way, Cambridge CB2 2SR, UK
BMC Public Health 4:48. 2004..While previous evaluations of interventions to increase physical activity have involved communities or individuals with established disease, less attention has been given to interventions for individuals at risk of disease...
- Protocol for SAMS (Support and Advice for Medication Study): a randomised controlled trial of an intervention to support patients with type 2 diabetes with adherence to medicationAndrew J Farmer
Department of Primary Health Care, University of Oxford, Oxford, OX3 7LF, UK
BMC Fam Pract 9:20. 2008..We have developed a theory-based intervention which we will evaluate in a well characterised population to test efficacy and guide future intervention development and trial design...
- Randomized controlled trial of the efficacy of aerobic exercise in reducing metabolic risk in healthy older people: The Hertfordshire Physical Activity TrialFrancis M Finucane
MRC Epidemiology Unit, Institute of Metabolic Science, Cambridge, UK
BMC Endocr Disord 9:15. 2009..TRIAL REGISTRATION: Current Controlled Trials: ISRCTN60986572...
- Diabetes care in general practice: meta-analysis of randomised control trialsS Griffin
Primary Medical Care Group, University of Southampton, Aldermoor Health Centre, Southampton SO16 5ST
BMJ 317:390-6. 1998..To assess the effectiveness of care in general practice for people with diabetes...
- Effect on health-related outcomes of interventions to alter the interaction between patients and practitioners: a systematic review of trialsSimon J Griffin
General Practice and Primary Care Research Unit, Department of Public Health and Primary Care, Institute of Public Health, University Forvie Site, Robinson Way, Cambridge, CB2 2SR, UK
Ann Fam Med 2:595-608. 2004....
- Diabetes risk score: towards earlier detection of type 2 diabetes in general practiceS J Griffin
General Practice and Primary Care Research Unit, Department of Public Health and Primary Care, Institute of Public Health, University Forvie Site, Robinson Way, Cambridge CB2 2SR, UK
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 16:164-71. 2000..We aimed to develop and evaluate a score based on routinely collected information to identify people at risk of having undetected diabetes...
- Nebulised steroid in the treatment of croup: a systematic review of randomised controlled trialsS Griffin
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, Institute of Public Health, Cambridge
Br J Gen Pract 50:135-41. 2000..Croup is one of the commonest respiratory complaints among children. There is growing evidence that steroids may be an effective treatment...
- Randomised controlled trial of patient centred care of diabetes in general practice: impact on current wellbeing and future disease risk. The Diabetes Care From Diagnosis Research TeamA L Kinmonth
Primary Medical Care Group Aldermoor Health Centre, Faculty of Health, Medicine and Biological Sciences, University of Southampton, Southampton SO16 5ST
BMJ 317:1202-8. 1998..To assess the effect of additional training of practice nurses and general practitioners in patient centred care on the lifestyle and psychological and physiological status of patients with newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes...
- What determines the cost-effectiveness of diabetes screening?C Glumer
Medical Research Council Epidemiology Unit, Elsie Widdowson Laboratories, 120 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge, CB1 9NL, UK
Diabetologia 49:1536-44. 2006..The cost-effectiveness of screening for diabetes is unknown but has been modelled previously. None of these models has taken account of uncertainty. We aimed to describe these uncertainties in a model where the outcome was CHD risk...
- Developing a programme for healthy growth and nutrition during infancy: understanding user perspectivesR Lakshman
MRC Epidemiology Unit, UKCRC Centre of Excellence in Diet and Activity Research, Cambridge, UK
Child Care Health Dev 38:675-82. 2012..We developed a programme for healthy growth and nutrition in formula milk-fed babies. The aim of this study was to understand users' perspectives about the programme and planned trial...
- Interventions to prevent weight gain: a systematic review of psychological models and behaviour change methodsW Hardeman
General Practice and Primary Care Research Unit, Institute of Public Health, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 24:131-43. 2000..To identify and review published interventions aimed at the prevention of weight gain...
- Family involvement in weight control, weight maintenance and weight-loss interventions: a systematic review of randomised trialsN McLean
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, Institute of Public Health, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 27:987-1005. 2003..To conduct a descriptive systematic review into the nature and effectiveness of family involvement in weight control, weight maintenance and weight-loss interventions...