J M Green
Affiliation: University of Manchester
- THE SAAF STUDY: evaluation of the Safeguarding Children Assessment and Analysis Framework (SAAF), compared with management as usual, for improving outcomes for children and young people who have experienced, or are at risk of, maltreatment: study protocolGeraldine Macdonald
School of Sociology, Social Policy and Social Work, Queen s University, University Road, Belfast BT7 1NN, UK
Trials 15:453. 2014..The Department for Education wants to know if the use of a structured decision-making tool can improve child protection assessments of risk...
- Neurofibromatosis type 1 and autism spectrum disorderShruti Garg
FRCPsych, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Manchester and Manchester Academic Health Sciences Centre, Royal Manchester Children s Hospital, Room 4 308, Jean McFarlane Building, Oxford Rd, Manchester M13 9PL, UK
Pediatrics 132:e1642-8. 2013..To determine the prevalence of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in Neurofibromatosis Type 1 (NF1)...
- Intervention for infants at risk of developing autism: a case seriesJonathan Green
Institute of Brain, Behaviour and Mental Health, University of Manchester, Room 4 308, Jean McFarlane Building, Oxford Rd, Manchester, M13 9PL, UK
J Autism Dev Disord 43:2502-14. 2013..Measurement across domains was successful and on larger samples promise to be an effective test of whether such an intervention in infancy will modify emergent atypical developmental trajectories in infants at risk for autism. ..
- Group therapy for adolescents with repeated self harm: randomised controlled trial with economic evaluationJ M Green
Psychiatry Research Group, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PL, UK
BMJ 342:d682. 2011..To examine the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of group therapy for self harm in young people...
- Parent-mediated communication-focused treatment in children with autism (PACT): a randomised controlled trialJonathan Green
Psychiatry Research Group, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Lancet 375:2152-60. 2010..Results of small trials suggest that early interventions for social communication are effective for the treatment of autism in children. We therefore investigated the efficacy of such an intervention in a larger trial...
- Using intervention trials in developmental psychiatry to illuminate basic scienceJonathan Green
Division of Psychiatry, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Br J Psychiatry 192:323-5. 2008..The challenge for designers of trials is to model designs effectively to make best use of these new opportunities. We give examples of how this might be done and discuss implications for future trials designs in the area...
- Inpatient treatment in child and adolescent psychiatry--a prospective study of health gain and costsJonathan Green
University of Manchester, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 48:1259-67. 2007..This is the first large-scale study into its effectiveness and costs. Previous studies have been criticised for methodological weaknesses...
- Disorganized attachment representation and atypical parenting in young school age children with externalizing disorderJonathan Green
Academic Child Psychiatry, University of Manchester, UK
Attach Hum Dev 9:207-22. 2007..Disorganized attachment shows a high prevalence and independent associations with attention deficit symptomatology and maternal EE...
- Annotation: the therapeutic alliance--a significant but neglected variable in child mental health treatment studiesJonathan Green
University of Manchester, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 47:425-35. 2006....
- The impact of maternal psychopathology on child-mother attachmentMing Wai Wan
Centre for Women s Mental Health, Division of Psychiatry, University of Manchester, Jean McFarlane Building, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PL, UK
Arch Womens Ment Health 12:123-34. 2009..However, the current literature highlights which subgroups are likely to be vulnerable and provides an evidence-based rationale for taking an attachment-based approach to intervention in this group...
- The transmission of risk to children from mothers with schizophrenia: a developmental psychopathology modelMing Wai Wan
Centre for Women s Mental Health Research, Division of Psychiatry, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PL, United Kingdom
Clin Psychol Rev 28:613-37. 2008..Future research could inform our understanding of developmental psychopathology and the development of preventative interventions...
- Negative and atypical story content themes depicted by children with behaviour problemsMing Wai Wan
Psychiatry Research Group, University of Manchester, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 51:1125-31. 2010..This exploratory study examined the negative and atypical content themes in the attachment story narratives of children with behaviour problems, and their associations with child symptomatology and parental depressed mood...
- Annotation: attachment disorganisation and psychopathology: new findings in attachment research and their potential implications for developmental psychopathology in childhoodJonathan Green
Academic Department of Child Psychiatry, Booth Hall Children s Hospital, University of Manchester, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 43:835-46. 2002..A critical review of these new findings in attachment theory, highlighting their potential relevance to child psychopathology, is presented...
- The conceptualization and measurement of therapeutic alliance: an empirical reviewRachel Elvins
The University of Manchester, UK
Clin Psychol Rev 28:1167-87. 2008..We discuss the most successful measures to date, and recommend future developments in the field of alliance, including conceptual and experimental approaches, developmental issues, and analytic techniques...
- Conversational behaviour of children with Asperger syndrome and conduct disorderCatherine Adams
Human Communication and Deafness Group, University of Manchester, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 43:679-90. 2002..This study makes a systematic analysis of the difficulties demonstrated with the use of language (pragmatics) in adolescents who have Asperger syndrome...
- A new social communication intervention for children with autism: pilot randomised controlled treatment study suggesting effectivenessCatherine Aldred
Human Communication and Deafness Group, University of Manchester, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 45:1420-30. 2004..We aimed to test a new theoretically based social communication intervention targeting parental communication in a randomised design against routine care alone...
- Are attachment disorders best seen as social impairment syndromes?Jonathan Green
Academic Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Booth Hall Children s Hospital, Blackley, Manchester, UK
Attach Hum Dev 5:259-64. 2003
- Early social communication interventions for autismCatherine R Aldred
University of Manchester, Manchester, M19 9PT, UK
Br J Hosp Med (Lond) 70:143-5. 2009..Positive findings from pilot trials of parent-child interventions have led to funding of the Pre-school Autism Communication Trial, which will be an important step in developing an evidence base for early intervention...
- Multidimensional Treatment Foster Care for Adolescents in English care: randomised trial and observational cohort evaluationJ M Green
J M Green, BA, MA, MBBS, DCH, FRCPsych, Institute of Brain Behaviour and Mental Health, The University of Manchester, Manchester N Biehal, BA, MA, PhD, Department of Social Policy and Social Work, University of York, York C Roberts, Bsc, MSc, PhD, Centre for Biostatistics, Institute of Population Health, University of Manchester, Manchester J Dixon, BA, MA, Social Policy Research Unit SPRU, University of York, York C Kay, Bsc, PhD, Institute of Brain Behaviour and Mental Health, The University of Manchester, Manchester E Parry, BA, MSc, Mood Disorders Centre, University of Exeter, Exeter J Rothwell, Bsc, PhD
Br J Psychiatry 204:214-21. 2014..Children in care often have poor outcomes. There is a lack of evaluative research into intervention options...
- Attachment narratives and behavioral and emotional symptoms in an ethnically diverse, at-risk sampleAnnabel Futh
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, UK
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 47:709-18. 2008..To examine the clinical correlates and predictions from attachment narratives in a sample of early school-age children from a high psychosocial risk, ethnically diverse sample...
- Methods for the detection and characterisation of noroviruses associated with outbreaks of gastroenteritis: outbreaks occurring in the north-west of England during two norovirus seasonsChris I Gallimore
Enteric, Respiratory and Neurological Virus Laboratory, Specialist and Reference Microbiology Division, Health Protection Agency, Colindale, London, United Kingdom
J Med Virol 73:280-8. 2004..However, a wide range of apparently diverse strains was identified, including several not previously reported. Genomic characterisation revealed clusters of linked outbreaks not recognised previously...
- Antitumor effects of clinical dosing regimens of bisphosphonates in experimental breast cancer bone metastasisFlorence Daubiné
INSERM Research Unit U 664, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Lyon, France
J Natl Cancer Inst 99:322-30. 2007..We compared the antitumor effects of clinical dosing regimens of the bisphosphonates zoledronic acid and clodronate in a mouse model of bone metastasis...
- Depressing researchJonathan Green
Lancet 363:2088. 2004
- Application of the heteroduplex mobility assay (HMA) for the investigation of the genomic diversity among noroviruses in environmental samplesJonathan Green
Enteric, Respiratory and Neurological Virus Laboratory, Specialist and Reference Microbiology Division, Health Protection Agency, Colindale, London, UK
J Virol Methods 120:59-67. 2004..Overall, four GII and four GI strains were identified in these environmental water/sewage samples...
- Molecular epidemiology of rotaviral infection in South Indian children with acute diarrhea from 1995-1996 to 1998-1999Gagandeep Kang
Department of Gastrointestinal Sciences, Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore, Tamilnadu, India
J Med Virol 67:101-5. 2002....