Affiliation: University of Edinburgh
- Increased incidence of visceral metastases in scottish patients with BRCA1/2-defective ovarian cancer: an extension of the ovarian BRCAness phenotypeCharlie Gourley
University of Edinburgh Cancer Research Centre, Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
J Clin Oncol 28:2505-11. 2010..To compare the frequency of visceral relapse of BRCA1/2-deficient ovarian cancer to that of nonhereditary controls...
- Antiestrogen therapy is active in selected ovarian cancer cases: the use of letrozole in estrogen receptor-positive patientsJohn F Smyth
Cancer Research UK Centre, University of Edinburgh, Crewe Road South, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 13:3617-22. 2007..To evaluate the efficacy of the aromatase inhibitor letrozole in preselected estrogen receptor (ER)-positive relapsed epithelial ovarian cancer patients and to identify markers that predict endocrine-sensitive disease...
- The use of cisplatin to treat advanced-stage cervical cancer during pregnancy allows fetal development and prevents cancer progression: report of a case and review of the literatureAngela Boyd
Edinburgh Cancer Research Centre, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Int J Gynecol Cancer 19:273-6. 2009..Cervical cancer is one of the most frequently encountered malignancies in pregnancy. For early-stage disease arising in late second/third trimester, treatment may be delayed until delivery. However, in advanced disease, data are lacking...
- Higher incidence of isolated brain metastases in ovarian cancer patients with previous early breast cancerOlusola O Faluyi
Edinburgh Cancer Centre, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
Int J Gynecol Cancer 20:1511-7. 2010..Some observations suggest that brain metastases from ovarian cancer are becoming more common and that ovarian cancers, which metastasize to the brain, may have a different biological pattern...
- Anterior Gradient-3: a novel biomarker for ovarian cancer that mediates cisplatin resistance in xenograft modelsTerry A Gray
p53 Signal Transduction Group, Edinburgh Cancer Research Centre, Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, EH4 2XR, Scotland, UK
J Immunol Methods 378:20-32. 2012..These data indicate that AGR3 is over-expressed by a hormone (oestrogen-receptor α)-independent mechanism and identify a novel protein-folding associated pathway that could mediate resistance to DNA-damaging agents in human cancers...
- A phase I study of the trinuclear platinum compound, BBR 3464, in combination with protracted venous infusional 5-fluorouracil in patients with advanced cancerCharlie Gourley
Edinburgh Cancer Research Centre, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh, UK
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 53:95-101. 2004....
- WWOX gene expression abolishes ovarian cancer tumorigenicity in vivo and decreases attachment to fibronectin via integrin alpha3Charlie Gourley
University of Edinburgh Cancer Research Centre, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 69:4835-42. 2009..These data suggest a possible role for the loss of WWOX in the peritoneal dissemination of human ovarian cancer cells...