Genomes and Genes
Andrew B Goryachev
Affiliation: University of Edinburgh
- Computational model explains high activity and rapid cycling of Rho GTPases within protein complexesAndrew B Goryachev
Systems Biology Group, Bioinformatics Institute, Singapore, Singapore
PLoS Comput Biol 2:e172. 2006..Interestingly, we find that the cycling regimes are only weakly dependent on the concentration of GTPase itself...
- Daughter cell identity emerges from the interplay of Cdc42, septins, and exocytosisSatoshi Okada
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dev Cell 26:148-61. 2013..Our findings define a fundamental mechanism underlying eukaryotic cell fate differentiation. ..
- Excitable behavior can explain the "ping-pong" mode of communication between cells using the same chemoattractantAndrew B Goryachev
Centre for Systems Biology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Bioessays 34:259-66. 2012..We show that these properties result directly from both the excitability threshold and refractory period characteristic of excitable systems. Our model suggests possible molecular mechanisms for the ping-pong communication...
- Dynamics of Cdc42 network embodies a Turing-type mechanism of yeast cell polarityAndrew B Goryachev
Centre for Systems Biology at Edinburgh, School of Biological Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH9 3JR, United Kingdom
FEBS Lett 582:1437-43. 2008..This exchange explains why only one bud forms per cell cycle, because the winner-takes-all competition of candidate sites inevitably selects a single site...
- Design principles of the bacterial quorum sensing gene networksAndrew B Goryachev
Centre for Systems Biology, School of Biological Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Wiley Interdiscip Rev Syst Biol Med 1:45-60. 2009....
- A catalytic role for Mod5 in the formation of the Tea1 cell polarity landmarkClaudia C Bicho
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH9 3JR, UK
Curr Biol 20:1752-7. 2010..The model also suggests an emergent self-focusing property of the Tea1-Mod5 cluster network, which can increase the fidelity of polarized growth...
- CDC-42 and RAC-1 regulate opposite chemotropisms in Neurospora crassaAlexander Lichius
Institute of Cell Biology, University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JR, Scotland, UK
J Cell Sci 127:1953-65. 2014....
- Self-signalling and self-fusion in filamentous fungiNick D Read
Institute of Cell Biology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH9 3JH, United Kingdom
Curr Opin Microbiol 12:608-15. 2009..It is proposed that this mechanism has evolved to increase the efficiency of fusion between genetically identical cells that are non-motile...
- Lateral dynamics of charged lipids and peripheral proteins in spatially heterogeneous membranes: comparison of continuous and Monte Carlo approachesVladimir Yu Kiselev
Centre for Systems Biology, School of Biological Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH9 3JR, United Kingdom
J Chem Phys 135:155103. 2011....
- Cellular deformation and intracellular stress propagation during optical stretchingSoo Kng Teo
A STAR Institute of High Performance Computing, Singapore, Singapore
Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys 81:051924. 2010..Our model also shows that maximal stress propagates into the nuclear region for malignant fibroblasts whereas for normal fibroblasts, it does not. We discuss how this may impact the transduction of cancer signaling pathways...
- p190RhoGAP is the convergence point of adhesion signals from alpha 5 beta 1 integrin and syndecan-4Mark D Bass
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Matrix Research, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, England, UK
J Cell Biol 181:1013-26. 2008..This molecular mechanism explains the cooperation between extracellular matrix receptors during cell adhesion...
- From pathways databases to network models of switching behaviorBaltazar D Aguda
Mathematical Biosciences Institute, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
PLoS Comput Biol 3:1674-8. 2007