Genomes and Genes
Matthew G Gold
Affiliation: University College London
- Engineering A-kinase anchoring protein (AKAP)-selective regulatory subunits of protein kinase A (PKA) through structure-based phage selectionMatthew G Gold
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Biol Chem 288:17111-21. 2013..We propose that this structure-directed evolution strategy might be generally applicable for the investigation of other protein interaction surfaces...
- A frontier in the understanding of synaptic plasticity: solving the structure of the postsynaptic densityMatthew G Gold
Department of Neuroscience, Physiology and Pharmacology, University College London, London, UK
Bioessays 34:599-608. 2012..The reconstruction of a PSD subcomplex anchored by AKAP79 exemplifies on a small scale how integration can be achieved. With its entire molecular structure coming into focus, this is a unique opportunity to study the PSD...
- AKAP2 anchors PKA with aquaporin-0 to support ocular lens transparencyMatthew G Gold
Department of Pharmacology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA, USA
EMBO Mol Med 4:15-26. 2012..Thus, anchored PKA modulation of AQP0 is a homeostatic mechanism that must be physically intact to preserve lens transparency...
- An entirely specific type I A-kinase anchoring protein that can sequester two molecules of protein kinase A at mitochondriaChristopher K Means
Department of Pharmacology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Washington School of Medicine, 1959 Pacific Avenue NE, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:E1227-35. 2011..Imaging, proteomic analysis, and subcellular fractionation experiments reveal that SKIP is enriched at the inner mitochondrial membrane where it associates with a prominent PKA substrate, the coiled-coil helix protein ChChd3...
- Local cAMP signaling in disease at a glanceMatthew G Gold
Department of Neuroscience, Physiology and Pharmacology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
J Cell Sci 126:4537-43. 2013..The latter sections illustrate the emerging role of local cAMP signaling in four disease areas: cataracts, cancer, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Architecture and dynamics of an A-kinase anchoring protein 79 (AKAP79) signaling complexMatthew G Gold
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Pharmacology, University of Washington School of Medicine, 1959 Pacific Avenue NE, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:6426-31. 2011..This leads to activation of the anchored phosphatases. Our architectural model reveals how dimeric AKAP79 concentrates pockets of second messenger responsive enzyme activities at the plasma membrane...