C M Glazener
Affiliation: University of Aberdeen
- Childbirth and prolapse: long-term associations with the symptoms and objective measurement of pelvic organ prolapseC Glazener
Health Services Research Unit, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK
BJOG 120:161-8. 2013..To investigate prolapse symptoms and objectively measured pelvic organ prolapse, 12 years after childbirth, and association with delivery mode history...
- Urodynamic studies for management of urinary incontinence in children and adultsCathryn M A Glazener
Health Services Research Unit, University of Aberdeen, 3rd Floor, Health Sciences Building, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, Scotland, AB25 2ZD, UK
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 1:CD003195. 2012..The aim is to help to select the treatment most likely to be successful. The investigations are invasive and time consuming...
- Urinary incontinence in men after formal one-to-one pelvic-floor muscle training following radical prostatectomy or transurethral resection of the prostate (MAPS): two parallel randomised controlled trialsCathryn Glazener
Health Services Research Unit, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, UK
Lancet 378:328-37. 2011..Men are often advised to do pelvic-floor exercises, but evidence to support this is inconclusive. Our aim was to establish if formal one-to-one pelvic floor muscle training reduces incontinence...
- New postnatal urinary incontinence: obstetric and other risk factors in primiparaeC M A Glazener
Health Services Research Unit, University of Aberdeen Medical School, Aberdeen, Scotland
BJOG 113:208-17. 2006..To identify obstetric and other risk factors for urinary incontinence that occurs during pregnancy or after childbirth...
- Treating nocturnal enuresis in children: review of evidenceCathryn M A Glazener
Health Services Research Unit, University of Aberdeen, Fosterhill, Aberdeen Scotland, United Kingdom
J Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs 31:223-34. 2004..Although it has a high rate of spontaneous remission, bedwetting may bring social and emotional stigma, stress, and inconvenience to both the child with enuresis and his or her family...
- Randomised controlled trial of conservative management of postnatal urinary and faecal incontinence: six year follow upCathryn M A Glazener
Health Services Research Unit, University of Aberdeen Medical School, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD
BMJ 330:337. 2005..To determine the long term effects of a conservative nurse-led intervention for postnatal urinary incontinence...
- The prognostic power of the post-coital test for natural conception depends on duration of infertilityC M Glazener
Health Services Research Unit, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen and University of Bristol, Division of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Bristol, UK
Hum Reprod 15:1953-7. 2000..Use of the PCT will enable clinicians to allocate scarce, expensive and invasive resources effectively...
- Neonatal examination and screening trial (NEST): a randomised, controlled, switchback trial of alternative policies for low risk infantsC M Glazener
Health Services Research Unit, Polwarth Building, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD
BMJ 318:627-31. 1999..To evaluate the effectiveness of one rather than two hospital neonatal examinations in detection of abnormalities. Design: Randomised controlled switchback trial...
- Conservative management of persistent postnatal urinary and faecal incontinence: randomised controlled trialC M Glazener
Health Services Research Unit, University of Aberdeen, Polwarth Building, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, AB25 2ZD
BMJ 323:593-6. 2001..Conservative management provided by nurses seems to reduce the likelihood of urinary and coexisting faecal incontinence persisting 12 months postpartum. Further trials for faecal incontinence are needed...
- Effects of interventions for the treatment of nocturnal enuresis in childrenC M A Glazener
Health Services Research Unit, University of Aberdeen, UK
Qual Saf Health Care 12:390-4. 2003..The effectiveness of interventions for the treatment of nocturnal enuresis in children published in a recent issue of Effective Health Care is reviewed...
- Cost effectiveness of tension-free vaginal tape for the surgical management of female stress incontinenceMary Kilonzo
Health Economics Research Unit, University of Aberdeen, UK
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 20:455-63. 2004..The cost-effectiveness of TVT in comparison with other surgical procedures, particularly open colposuspension, is assessed...
- Persistent urinary incontinence and delivery mode history: a six-year longitudinal studyChristine MacArthur
Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, University of Birmingham, UK
BJOG 113:218-24. 2006..To investigate the prevalence of persistent and long term postpartum urinary incontinence and associations with mode of first and subsequent delivery...
- Incontinence-specific quality of life measures used in trials of treatments for female urinary incontinence: a systematic reviewSue Ross
Department of Obstetrics, Family Medicine and Community Health Sciences, University of Calgary, Canada
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 17:272-85. 2006..Until better evidence is available on the validity and comparability of measures, we recommend that researchers consider using IIQ or I-QOL with or without UDI in trials of incontinence treatments...