Julie M Glanville
Affiliation: University of York
- Evaluating the options for developing databases to support research-based medicine at the NHS Centre for Reviews and DisseminationJ Glanville
NHS Centre for Reviews and Dissemination, Triton House, Liversedge, UK
Int J Med Inform 47:83-6. 1997....
- Accessing the online evidence: a guide to key sources of research information on clinical and cost effectivenessJ Glanville
Centre for Reviews and Dissemination, University of York, York YO10 5DD, UK
Qual Saf Health Care 12:229-31. 2003..Advice on how to access the best available online sources of research evidence on clinical and cost effectiveness published in three recent issues of Effectiveness Matters is reviewed...
- How to identify randomized controlled trials in MEDLINE: ten years onJulie M Glanville
Centre for Reviews and Dissemination, University of York, York, YO10 5DD, United Kingdom
J Med Libr Assoc 94:130-6. 2006..The researchers sought to assess whether the widely used 1994 Cochrane Highly Sensitive Search Strategy (HSSS) for randomized controlled trials (RCTs) in MEDLINE could be improved in terms of sensitivity, precision, or parsimony...
- So many filters, so little time: the development of a search filter appraisal checklistJulie Glanville
Information Services, York Health Economics Consortium, Level 2, Market Square, University of York, York YO105NH, United Kingdom
J Med Libr Assoc 96:356-61. 2008..The authors developed a tool to assess the quality of search filters designed to retrieve records for studies with specific research designs (e.g., diagnostic studies)...
- How well do search filters perform in identifying economic evaluations in MEDLINE and EMBASEJulie Glanville
Information Services, York Health Economics Consortium, York, UK
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 25:522-9. 2009..We assessed the performance of search filters in identifying economic evaluations from MEDLINE and EMBASE...
- Identifying economic evaluations for health technology assessmentJulie Glanville
York Health Economics Consortium, University of York, Market Square, York, North Yorks YO10 5NH, United Kingdom
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 26:436-40. 2010..This study surveys the available specific and general resources to search to identify economic evaluations. It also provides information on efficient searching of those resources and comments on the current evidence-base...
- Do health-care decision makers find economic evaluations useful? The findings of focus group research in UK health authoritiesChristiane Hoffmann
Centre for Health Economics, University of York, Heslington, United Kingdom
Value Health 5:71-8. 2002..The findings are presented and discussed in light of other studies that have addressed this issue...