Earn H Gan
Affiliation: University of Newcastle
- A UK epidemic of testosterone prescribing, 2001-2010Earn H Gan
Institute of Genetic Medicine, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 79:564-70. 2013..Therefore, we aimed to examine trends in testosterone prescribing in UK primary care over the last 10 years...
- The role of functionally defective rare germline variants of sialic acid acetylesterase in autoimmune Addison's diseaseEarn H Gan
Institute of Genetic Medicine, International Centre for Life, Newcastle University, Central Parkway, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 3BZ, UK
Eur J Endocrinol 167:825-8. 2012..We performed a case-control study to determine whether these rare variants are associated with a rarer condition, AAD...
- Clinical review: The thyroid in mind: cognitive function and low thyrotropin in older peopleEarn H Gan
Institute of Genetic Medicine, Newcastle University, International Centre for Life, Central Parkway, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 3BZ, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:3438-49. 2012..We performed a detailed systematic review to assess the evidence available to support the association between these two conditions...
- The role of a nonsynonymous CD226 (DNAX-accessory molecule-1) variant (Gly 307Ser) in isolated Addison's disease and autoimmune polyendocrinopathy type 2 pathogenesisEarn H Gan
Institute of Human Genetics, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 75:165-8. 2011..PATIENT AND DESIGN: We genotyped rs763361 in a UK cohort of 326 AAD subjects [183 with associated autoimmune conditions - autoimmune polyendocrinopathy syndrome type-2 (APS2)] and 311 healthy controls, using a Taqman genotyping assay...
- Residual adrenal function in autoimmune Addison's disease: improvement after tetracosactide (ACTH1-24) treatmentEarn H Gan
Institute of Genetic Medicine E H G, K M, A L M, P P, R Q, S H S P, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 3BZ, United Kingdom the Endocrine Unit E H G, A L M, P P, S G B, R A J, R Q, S H S P, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4LP, United Kingdom the Centre for Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism B A H, W A, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, United Kingdom and RSR Ltd S C, J F, FIRS Laboratories, Cardiff CF4 5DU, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 99:111-8. 2014..In health, adrenocortical cells undergo continuous self-renewal from a population of subcapsular progenitor cells, under the influence of ACTH, suggesting a therapeutic possibility...
- The effect of B cell depletion therapy on anti-TSH receptor antibodies and clinical outcome in glucocorticoid-refractory Graves' orbitopathyAnna L Mitchell
Institute of Genetic Medicine, Newcastle University, International Centre for Life, Central Parkway, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 79:437-42. 2013..This case series documents the response of nine individuals with glucocorticoid-refractory Graves' orbitopathy (GO) to B cell depletion therapy with rituximab (RTX)...
- Association of autoimmune Addison's disease with alleles of STAT4 and GATA3 in European cohortsAnna L Mitchell
Institute of Genetic Medicine, Newcastle University, Newcastle, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 9:e88991. 2014..The majority of the genetic component to disease susceptibility has yet to be accounted for...