Jonathan P Fuld
Affiliation: University of Glasgow
- Diaphragm ultrasonography as an alternative to whole-body plethysmography in pulmonary function testingSamantha Scott
Centre for Exercise Science and Medicine, Institute of Biomedical and Life Sciences, Glasgow University, Scotland
J Ultrasound Med 25:225-32. 2006..Although this technique provides a sensitive measure of pulmonary function, it can be problematic and unsuitable in some patients. The development of more accessible techniques would be beneficial...
- A longitudinal study of lung function in nonsmoking patients with rheumatoid arthritisJonathan P Fuld
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
Chest 124:1224-31. 2003..We looked for temporal change in lung function and characteristics that would predict subsequent development of PFT abnormality or respiratory symptoms...
- Performance enhancement in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseJ P Fuld
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Monklands Hospital, Airdrie, UK
Chron Respir Dis 1:95-8. 2004..The most evidence-based of these is exercise training, which along with other approaches, both previously investigated and putative, are discussed in this review...
- Clinical relevance of inter-method differences in fat-free mass estimation in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseLiam P Kilduff
Centre for Exercise Science and Medicine, Institute of Biological and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, UK
Respiration 70:585-93. 2003..Evaluation of fat-free mass (FFM) is becoming recognised as an important component in the assessment of clinical status and formulation of prognosis in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
- Effects of formoterol on exercise tolerance in severely disabled patients with COPDJ Alberto Neder
Respiratory Division, Department of Medicine, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Rua Professor Francisco de Castro 54, CEP 04020 050, Brazil
Respir Med 101:2056-64. 2007..We wished to evaluate the effects of inhaled formoterol, a long-acting beta(2)-adrenergic agonist, on exercise tolerance and dynamic hyperinflation (DH) in severely disabled chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) patients...