Affiliation: University College London
- Friston K, Penny W. Posterior probability maps and SPMs. Neuroimage. 2003;19:1240-9 pubmed..We then compare Bayesian and classical inference through the equivalent PPMs and SPMs testing for the same effect in the same data. ..
- Friston K, Mattout J, Trujillo Barreto N, Ashburner J, Penny W. Variational free energy and the Laplace approximation. Neuroimage. 2007;34:220-34 pubmed..Finally, we also consider, briefly, dynamic models and how these inform the regularisation of free energy ascent schemes, like EM and ReML. ..
- Friston K, Harrison L, Daunizeau J, Kiebel S, Phillips C, Trujillo Barreto N, et al. Multiple sparse priors for the M/EEG inverse problem. Neuroimage. 2008;39:1104-20 pubmed..This means the approach automatically selects either a sparse or a distributed model, depending on the data. The scheme is compared with conventional applications of Bayesian solutions to quantify the improvement in performance. ..
- Friston K, Trujillo Barreto N, Daunizeau J. DEM: a variational treatment of dynamic systems. Neuroimage. 2008;41:849-85 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, it provides for dual and triple inferences on a system's states, parameters and hyperparameters using exactly the same principles. We refer to this approach as dynamic expectation maximisation (DEM). ..
- Friston K, Mattout J, Kilner J. Action understanding and active inference. Biol Cybern. 2011;104:137-60 pubmed publisher..Our results affirm that a Bayes-optimal approach provides a principled framework, which accommodates current thinking about the mirror-neuron system. Furthermore, it endorses the general formulation of action as active inference. ..